Fluoxetine help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m on my 4th week on 20mg after taking it every other day for months, I still feel like the side effects are still there, it only took about 2 weeks when I first started taking it 9 years ago. Shall I give it more time to settle

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I took it 9 years ago too and it only took two weeks and no side effects. 

I am now on my 12 th week starting at 5 mg then 10 and 15. I started 20 mg two days ago. The side effects have been bad.  I think it’s much more difficult the second  time around. 

I found it helpful to google “14 weeks on Flouxetine ‘ and scroll down to a time table for Flouxetine. There are about 100 posts. I read every one of them and found it helpful. 

Hand in there. 

• Posted

Hi Vicky, yes! I took the meds 2x in the past with no side effects. Then 3rd time, last year, I got bad side effects for 8 week, really increased anxiety and shivers and sleeplessness. Weeks 5-8 started having some improvements, odd days or half days here and there. From week 9 I started feeling better and eventually the meds were working for me. It took me by surprise; like in your case the previous times I didn't suffer much side effects. Stick with it for at least 8-12 weeks. I know it is very hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.