Fluoxetine is working

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all,

I am at my third week on fluox. The positive news is: My anxiety has gone down. My muscles are feeling less tense now. I have no more Racing thoughts, Heart palpitations. I am feeling more energetic. The world seems brighter and more colorful. Yes! I am starting to get myself back. Give it two more weeks I hope I will be fully normal again.

Peter

4 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good to hear. Consider also cognitive behavioral therapy for tools and maybe learn what got you there to choose SSRI's.

Also, if you ever choose to come off, study up on Ann Blayk-Tracy and the proper way to do it. Recommend not more than 5% tapering every 2-4 week's.

Never large amounts or cold turkey. Pay attention to your side effects if any and keep track. Hopefully not. Again, good your feeling better.

• Posted

Hi Peter... congratulations!  I'm actually jealous.  I am starting week 3 today after increasing to 20mg a day one week ago.  

I awoke this morning to an anxiety attack and had one mid-day yesterday.  I am taking my dose in the morning and by 10am I have a massive headache.  My appetite is slightly better and the nausea is less severe, but I still don't feel motivated to do anything.  Was this common for you too?  When did you feel side effects weakening?

• Posted

Hi Kevin01347

Headache is a side effect of fluoxetine. I had it as well. But only on the first three days when I up my dose from 10mg to 20mg. The headache was most serious in the evenings at the frontal cortex of the brain.

Appetite , nausea, lack of motivation- prior to taking fluoxetine, I had them as well, I was on a SSRE called stablon. It took me 2 months to gain back some appetite , I lost 10 kg and was having nausea and brain fog everyday. It was a lot of derealization and I felt I was immersed in a dark tunnel with no hope of getting out. All those symptoms are anxiety depression symptoms. They are not caused by fluoxentine.

Keep taking the meds, praying, and try to get some sunlight outdoor, do some mindfulness mediation exercise like body scan, it will get your brain and nerves to heal faster.

Peter

• Posted

Hi again, this is now my 5th week of fluoxentine 20mg. I have sweaty hands and body tremor starting two weeks ago and is still having it. My tinnitus is especially serious at night and when I wake up in the morning. I still get negative mood 20% of my days.

I am going back to see my psychiatrist next week.

Peter

• Posted

So happy to hear something positive, I just switched to this after being on celexa, will be two weeks thursday i've been on it, started one week at 10mg now i'm at 20mg since Saturday, and my biggest issue is my muscles are alwaysssssssssss tense,then i obssess over it and think I make it worse. 

• Posted

Hi Missiea77

Yes, my muscle was very tense causing serious back pain during my worst period. Now, my muscle is not tense in the day time anymore. But I still get bad dreams and muscle tense up during sleep, and wake up everyday with a painful upper back . Keep praying. Life will be better after some more time ....

• Posted

Hi Sjay,

I am now at my 6th week on fluoxentine. My palm sweating and body tremor are gone . Not much obsessive negative thoughts. Not much panic attacks. Not much tinnitus. My heart rate is back to normal range of 70-100 bpm. I van sleep ok. The only problem I have is some shoulder muscle pain and tiredness in the afternoon. I go to work during weekdays and go out with my family in the weekends feeling normal. Not much happiness but nil negative thoughts.

I am going back to see my psychiatrist next week.

Peter

• Posted

I have faith in these I was on them for 14yrs but stopped working but went on two other and did not good. I'm going back on these in 2days time so I'm hoping that they will work for me again. Good luck.

• Posted

Been on since Saturday having bad moment this morning. Been awake since 4am this morning. Got coucilling tomorrow. It will be my first session so I think it might be about who I am and things that's going on. Am I right?.

• Posted

That's great news Peter!! I've been on floux about 25 years and it worked for me ! Upped from 40 to 60 mg three weeks today and despite feeling not too good on the increase am beginning to feel bit better!!!! X

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up