fluoxetine make me feel worse

Posted , 10 users are following.

My psych upped me to 20mg of flu. Only two days on 20mg was on 10 mg for 10 days but now feel worse and I feel like I am going to fall apart.  I am so exhausted and sad I can't believe it.  I can't function.  I feel paranoid and sad.  I can't sleep (yet I can't keep my eyes open) and my insides feel like Jello.  Is this really Normal to feel this weeks using this drug?

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am also on the same med and yes makes you tired but you will get used to the meds and it gets better you will be calm and relaxed i decided to take myself off them big mistake ended up having a huge melt down and getting myself into a lot of trouble please ask for help and dont be stubborn like me it has cost me loads xxx

• Posted

When did the exhaustion go away?  I can't walk around like a zombie for 6 weeks!

• Posted

Kate,

Daytime exhaustion went away after 3 months on ssri.

Night time exhaustion went away after 2 months of calming pills like clonazepam and quetiapine.

Peter

• Posted

Hi Kate. I googled this because I was prescribed flu 20mg 5 days ago and feel terrible, but wasn’t sure if it was me or the drug. And then of course my anxiety was worse thinking I was getting worse, not better. I can’t do anything. I’m sick to my stomach, forcing myself to eat little bits, I feel wrecked but can’t sleep and don’t want to communicate with anyone. I’m glad reading this knowing this is normal and to stick with it. Hopefully we feel back to normal soon. 
  • Posted

How are you doing now? I’m on day 13 and feel like I’m on an emotional roller coaster... 
  • Posted

Hi , been prescribed 10mg Flu since wednesday for my OCD and Anxiety which seems to have got worse with ages ! I was never like this now I cant leave the house without haven to return 3 times to check things are off . I am feeling really low on these 10mgs a day and its only day 5 . I cant eat sleep drink , feel sick and have Diorehea. I am thinking of stopping these already as I would rather I dealt with my OCD than feeling this low and depressed . Any advice ?
    • Posted

Hi Gemma, if this is fluoxetine then I'm not surprised really. Nasty stuff. I've taken it before but vowed never to again! Good luck coming off it, you can try alternatives to treat anxiety which aren't drugs. I won't speak to my doctor any more until she comes up with an alternative! I wean yourself off then, they're obviously not agreeing with you!

• Posted

Yeah sam it is .. felt the doctor was quick at jumping to give me them with no other option . If I knew they made me feel this way I would never have started them ! I have had 5 days will coming off them seem a problem ?
    • Posted

Go see another doctor urgently and insist you come off them no matter what this y say. I have shouted aty doctor when she offered them to me, she needs to deal with assault 1st and help me when I',m scared. Good luck you need to really put your foot down - hard!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.