Fluoxetine/prozac

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I have been on prozac since 23rd of December 2014 it was working so well for me I started coping with things better I was less moody and paranoid, I started to enjoy life again I still got the odd bad day but this weekend has been bad again I feel so low and sucidal again and my anxitey has started getting bad again. I have docs later if i up my doze will it help? Anyone went threw the same sort of thing?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya Nix yeah I was in a similair position a few months back, after 7-8 weeks of the 20mg dose I suddenly hit a brick wall as in stopping feeling so good and dark thoughts appearing so my doctor upped my dose to 40mg per day and although it took another few weeks to happen eventually I felt amazing compared to the beginning, so yes I would say go for a higher dose Nix, it wont work immediatelly but it will eventually let you live your life again, good luck smile
    • Posted

thanks just feel like I am never going to get rid of this depression! Are you still on your tablets? X
  • Posted

Hi Nix

This is normal.  Your mood will be up and down as you recover and you'll feel as if the depression has come back again.  Just let the feeling be there, but know they'll lift again and start enjoying life again.  This process can happen many times but each bad time it'll get less and less until you feel good all the time.

Different doses suit different people as David has found.  It's not always the answer and may be worth hanging a bit longer to see if it'll get better.  You might even go through this up and down process on a higher dose, or it might just be better for you.  It's such a trial and error getting our doses just right.

K x

• Posted

Hi, I'm curious how your doc visit went and if your feeling better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.