Fluoxetine, side effect seems are awful

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is day 21 of fluoxetine and I feel awful. I am exhausted, feel sick, have no appetite, night sweats, dizzy, and generally feeling just awful. I read bad side effects can happen but surely they should have gone by now? I don’t want to stop as I want them to help but I am not sure they are going to help. I am struggling to get out of bed, not because I don’t want to but because I don’t feel I physically can. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel worse now than before I started

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine the side effects are awful but try and stay with it I've increased to 60mg 3weeks ago and have had some OK days but still feel not myself I'm sticking with it as I know it works as I was on it years ago most people are saying that it can take 12 weeks maybe try some kalms I find they help taking the edge off but talk with your GP good luck chick oh I also do some mindfullness on YouTube xx

• Posted

Stay with it , they do pass . It’s hell I no , but seriously there is light at the end of the tunnel 
  • Posted

Thank you both for your replies. I spoke to my GP today who suggested I come off them. I said if the symptoms would go I would stay on them but he said some people just can’t tolerate them, I think that’s me! I am a complete zombie, hardly able to get out of bed 50% of the time if I wasn’t depressed before I am now! Thank you for taking the time to reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.