Fluoxetine side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has fluoxetine ever caused you to throw up? I’ve had headache, nausea, gagging and some throwing up. I’m starting my 3rd week of meds. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don’t recall ever vomiting when i started fluoxetine but that was like 15 yrs ago so maybe I just don’t remember.   I think nausea & vomiting are just common side effects when we start up on any AD

• Posted

Im on 20mg. I took this years ago but don’t remember any of this. Since April I was on celexa for several years felt like it quit working so since then I’ve been on Effexor, trintellix and now fluoxetine🤦🏻???

• Posted

I was on celexa for 6 wonderful years until it pooped out on me. Currently on my 3rd week as of today on Flu and feeling like my mood has lifted but i am still having annoying/anxiety driven thoughts. Side effects have been that i am super wakeful w/ terrible anxiety in the morning. 
    • Posted

I am on 3 weeks and 2 days and I am doing the same, I actually had a panic attack last night. My mornings are rough too with anxiety normally at night I do pretty good. I go back to the doctor Wednesday I hope he doesn’t want to increase my dose I’m just now slowly getting over nausea, headache!! Hope you feel better very soon!!!
  • Posted

I’m on day 3 and I vomited really bad this morning how bad is you anxiety ? Mines 24/7 and I’m going back on fluoxetine after 9 months off it 

Feel free to message me 

• Posted

My anxiety is high but getting a smidge better. So I’m assuming this medicine helped you before? I was on it years ago and just assumed it helped but I can’t remember. I do know I would remember all these side effects if they happened though. This is tough stuff!!!
    • Posted

It helped even me out for years still had bad days though.

I never remember vomiting in the mornings on it I know if I have a really bad panic attack and work myself up I would gag and vomit but this happens every morning now and it really worries me 

• Posted

It’s like my gag reflex is really bad now 
  • Posted

Hi,

I started flu about 2 weeks ago. I do not have an appetite until night time and I spend the first few minutes of every morning dry heaving in the toilet bc i am over come with anxiety and nasuea.

• Posted

I am on week 3 and 2 days and I just finished telling someone if I eat 1 more meal I will have had 3 meals today, first time in weeks I’ve lost 17 pounds!!
    • Posted

Hi Deanne.  Wow 3meals in a day !   I haven’t reached that yet. I’m on Effexor ER for almost 3 weeks now & I still have no appetite during the day. I lost 16 lbs last I knew.  Can’t wait to get back to normal eating even if o gain all the weight back.  Best of luck to you & all of us on these crazy AD!

• Posted

Yes I had rather have the weight on than to go through this mess!!! Best of luck to you too! Hopefully it’s better right around the corner!!!
    • Posted

Deanne- 

Just so you know I am also prescribed .5 mg of Xanax to get me through until the Prozac kicks in. I usually wake up around 4 am with this Prozac and am completely restless. I have been avoiding the Xanax bc it’s addictive but I took .25 around 4 am and ended up not feeling sick this morning and actually getting breakfast down and going to work calm. Tired but calm. Also took an epson salt bath. Doing everything I can to take care of myself during this difficult time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.