Fluxentine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Omg!! So glad I have found this site. And I'm not going completely bonkers. I have never in all my life felt so bad as do with this awful drug. I was suffering with a little anxiety when I went to dr. And she put me on 20g fluxietine..I fell horrendous and going to dr. Today to see if I can come off them. But also scared to come off,how will I feel? No worse thN I do at the moment..tremors heart pounding nervous feelin head ache muscle week see pins and needles in legs and feet them list is endless. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on them for 8 weeks finally had to come off been on Lexapro for 3 days. I hope this one is a little better.
  • Posted

I do wish I listened to myself when I was on lexapro and it didnt feel right, but after going into a deep depression and suicidal thoughts I realized that was NOT normal, and I had to come off it. I switched to fluoxetine immiedietely. My dose was recently upped because I was having a crash every night. It was as if it just wore off and full blown panic attack and crying. Now Im on 40mg and Ive been feeling REALLY GOOD! It makes 2 weeks tomorrow.

Anyways, point it, listen to your body. Yes, there are side effects, but you should be able to tell if something is out of control or not. If this drug isnt working, they can find a new one for you and probably another SSRI so the transition will be easy. I had no problems moving from lexapro to fluoxetine. Good luck!

• Posted

Week 5 on prozac 10mg, feel hot none stop, going 15mg tomorrow, did you have sweats on it, Lexapro did not work for me, either
    • Posted

No I didnt feel hot, if anything the first week I was constantly cold. However, if I get triggered by something that would normally send me into a crying/anxious state its like a waves of hot comes over my body, with tons and tons of pressure like Im going to pop. It lasts maybe a minute and its like I can feel the meds holding me back so I don't have a reaction, but I can physically feel it suppressing me? Its weird. Thats the only time I feel hot lol. It happened last night when I saw something I was afraid was going to happen, and really was an awful feeling, but not nearly as bad as crying. 

That seems like a really low dose? I was on 20 and like I said I was having those weird crashes, but since increasing to 40 things has been actually pretty good this week. I do feel a little "high" sometimes, but damn its better than wanting to not exist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.