Fluxotine day 25

Posted , 2 users are following.

25 days in I can feel a slight lift in my on edge feeling and anxiety but it's still horrible struggling to go to my local shops etc does this get better I just don't want to feel this way any longer it's a massive battle every day

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What dose are you on I’ve been on it since Xmas 6 weeks at 60mg having better days but the side effects have been difficult was on it years ago with great results so that’s what I’m hanging on too.everyone says it can take a few month to settle everything down I think we can be impatient as we just want to feel well hang in there good luck x
  • Posted

I'm on 20mg but the side effects have been the worst I have ever had but like you I have also been on these before and they have worked I have managed to stay off my diazipan last 4 days you just get fed up of feelings of restriction in your life because of anxiety maybe I need to up my dose but I'm scared of side effects getting worse it's just awful been here before 18 years ago just gutted I have to start all over again I have no husband I have 2 boys one of which who has cystic fibrosis so it's so hard x

• Posted

I know Jane I started on 40 after being on sertraline for 8months awfull side effects I found the side effects were nothing near as bad on Prozac I also have Graves’ disease which I think is on the rise again which doesn’t help the anxiety I listen to mindfulness on YouTube good luck xx
  • Posted

Thank you good luck to you too Hun I'm going to ring my doctor later I think I need to be referred to physc feel like I might have had a bit of a nervous breakdown been through a lot in a short space of time keep me updated on your progress and stay strong Hun x

• Posted

Jane, try to stick with it. I know how bad those side effects are. I am going through the same Awful!

I am so tempted to stop, but feel I must give it 12 weeks. 

Wish I could help you. I do think a psych dr is better for these things. 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words Nancy it's such a difficult time for us both just hope we get and feel better sooner rather than later xx

• Posted

Jane, please continue to let me know how you are doing. I think we are close to the same place. I start week 6 on 20mg tomorrow. It’s 1 pm and  I have not had any anxiety today just depression and don’t feel well. I usually shake all day until about 8pm. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. 
    • Posted

Will do Nancy do you take anything extra for your anxiety? I feel really unsteady when I go out the house with dizziness which I get from anxiety awful feeling x
    • Posted

Yes I do , Jane  I take .25 mg of Clonazppam up to 3 times a day. I can’t tell that it does too much to help. I took 1 Zanax which did help, but my doctor will not prescribe as they are addictive. 

It’s hard to describe anxiety. I shake on the inside and outside, feel terrible physically with stomach issues. I get very weak and my legs feel like rubber, but I don’t get dizzy. 

It’s strange how  the effects can vary for different people. 

People talk about staying busy. I wish I could stay busy.  Every once in a while I can get out, but it’s an effort. 

I must have read a 1000 posts on the net. It’s those many success stories that keep me going.  

I know it’s tougher for you as you have children.  Talk to your doctor and ask if he/ she can give you anything for relief even for just a few hours. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.