FODMAP DIET EXPERIENCE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have always had bad IBS-D symptoms since I was 11 but it’s got worse as the years went on and I’m 22 now! 2 years ago I tried the fodmap diet and never seen much or any difference. My symptoms are worsening to the point they are completely water! I’m wondering if I should try fodmap again? What’s people’s experiences on the diet? Im fed up of my doctor giving me different anti depressants for ibs because they don’t work!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would try Imodium for the diarrhoea; this works for me. If Fodmap didn't work before, it probably won't work now.   Anti depressants can be very toxic and can just replace one problem with another. My doctor tried to get me on them for neuropathy but I refused. 

• Posted

Hi

I have had stomach issues started as a child ibs-c . As an adult in the military I was diagnosed w spastic Colon. Which is now called ibs. Heavy cramps nervous stomach. Now I have ibs d. I developed this after a flu. I became sensitive to gluten. So now I am gluten and diary free and feel so much better. Occasionally I cheat and then get some symptoms. So FODMAP and food diary is imp to keep. But gluten bloats the gut. Sooo makes sense to avoid it. Try it and let me know after a week if your symptoms are decreased. Good luck.

• Posted

have you had any tests done for things like crohns disease?

what is your normal diet like?

sometimes the only way to solve IBS-D is a few days of immodium, as our guts are hypersensitive and can easily go into overdrive so need the few days worth to calm them back down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.