Fog of depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody get the feeling that their life is kind of disjointed and there recollection of events is really vague? Kind of like a fog the gets worse in certain situations. Is this a normal feeling with depression?

3 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I know I do. I've been suffering but in denial for a while. I've just started my way back to wellness and I'm finding I'm missing so much time. I feel like I know things happened but feels dream-like. I know I am here but I feel like I am watching instead of being present. Not sure if that's the same or not.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, it's hard to be sharp while depression has taken ahold, it's hard to focus and my memory is bad. I'm going through a point in my life right now where I'm not really looking forward to anything, like I really don't have any direction, that I'm just kind of here. I don't have a will to finish college. I spend my day just doing things like housework to keep busy because I've lost interest in much else. Sometimes I get a bit of happiness, doesn't last for long, then I feel gray again. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Depending on things you experience that causes your depression, can be part of the fog. I don't remember a lot that happened and sometimes Im sure it's better. Depression is a rocky road for sure. With the right doctor and meds it can be much better overall. Depression is not normal feelings per say, but are you normal with cancer or diabetes. Not sure a real normal exist but I certaintly understand your meaning. Talk to your doctor and explain how you feel. Could also be maybe a change of your doctor is needed. Hope you get answers that make you feel better. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust in your meds. and you may go through several before you find the right combination. God bless

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same way.  I often have trouble functioning because it all feels fake.  It has gotten progressively worse over the last few months.  The only way I can escape it is to bury myself in another world, whether it be in reading a book or watching a TV show.  (I know that's probably not the best way to handle it, though...)

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes! I sometimes feel like i'm in a dream or a nightmare because everything is hazy and disjointed. There is also a feeling of intense uneasiness, do you get that? 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up