foley question - about to have rezum procedure

Posted , 9 users are following.

I wanted to hear from those of you that have had a foley put in. Im scheduled to have a rezum on thursday. they will be putting a foley in me after the procedure. I go to urologist on monday to have it removed. I was told they do some sort of test to see if you can pee yet and if you cant they put it back in.

do you think after 4 days, ill be able to pee on my own? what does the foley feel like?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Changejobs,

I had my Rezum done today, the same day as you. The urologist wants me to keep the Foley in for 2 weeks. I expected only 1 week. This is no big deal for me and I will do what the urologist says. After all, the biggest part of the healing process is in the 1st 2 weeks and the Foley means that the prostate will be undisturbed while it heals. If you have self-cathed for a while, the Foley is no big deal. I had one in earlier for 3 1/2 weeks. If you get any irritation at the end of your urethra, then lube the end of the tube as others have said. Good luck,

Steve

• Posted

Yes do what she said. She does seam to care more then some male doctors?

Ken

• Posted

steven,

i posted a reply to a different part of the thread earlier so u may see some of this twice.

i have foley until monday when my uro back homes takes it out and sees if i can pee.

i had very large medium lobe. he said no medicine would have helped me.

had 11 shots total. i feel fine and was put under with twilight.

hope your feeling good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.