Follow up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an a + p repair on the 27th October. On discharge from the hospital said I would get a telephone call from the consultant 2 weeks post op then an appointment for the out patients clinic. Today I received a letter saying my phone call was scheduled for 15th february which will be 16 weeks post op. Has anyone else had to wait this long ? Fair enough waiting this length of time for the out patients appointment but I feel this is quite a long time to wait to even speak to the consultant. I've not had any pain from the op at all, only slight stinging . Should I phone tomorrow to query it or just accept that's how long I need to wait ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi annemarie. I would phone the hospital and ask why it's taking so long just to make a phone call and ask when post op appt. is! Remind them when you had your surgery and were expecting a call two weeks after. Hopefully you will feel better for having an answer. They could have made a mistake, they do happen even in the best hospitalswink

• Posted

Going to call the secretary tomorrow, I didn't expect to go and see the consultant till Feb time but when the letter that has went to my local gp states a phone call in 2 weeks it just seems strange for it to be 16. Thanks for replying xx

• Posted

Maybe the person who typed it meant 'appointment 'in Feb. Perhaps it is a mistake. They don't phone patients post op here in East Midlands as far as I know. We're lucky to hear from then unless they change appointments as in my case. Glad you're making the call, it's best to remind them. It's a very busy time in hospitals and the strikes earlier this year didn't help matters. Good luck tomorrow. rolleyes

• Posted

Called the consultants secretary today and she said the hospital dischargeĀ letter should never have stated i would a get a call after 2 weeks. My constultant normally calls after 12 weeks but due to holidays it will be 16 weeks before i speak to him and depending on what i tell him will depend on wether i actually go and see him again. If i feel i need any advice or that i really need to see him before the 16 weeks ive just to call his secretary again and she will arrange it. Dont know if i would prefer for him to have a look to make sure the surgery has defo worked. Plenty of time to decide xx
    • Posted

It was a typo thensurprised If you feel you need to be seen by consultant, just call and ask her then. If you're ok just wait till you speak to him and tell him then if you have ANY concerns. Your surgery practice nurse could probably take a look if you have a problem. It seems everyones extra busy in the NHS lately even gyny surgery. I've been waiting several months but have a clinic appointment next week so fingers crossed. xx rolleyes

• Posted

I'm going to wait and see how I am in February and decide before he calls . I think I am just paranoid and want reassurance the op had been a success and without looking I don't know how they would know for sure. At the moment I do think everything is good but there is always that little niggle in the back of your head especially when you read how for some people it hasn't worked. Good luck with your appointment next week xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.