Follow up visit to hospital.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody I am 16 weeks since TKR and going to see the consultant tomorrow for follow up. My leg is still not straight. I hope I dont have to have anything else done. I will also find out when I will be having my other knee done.Wish me luck fellow forum users. You have all kept me going .

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joan, good luck & I hope all goes well 4 u at ur appt 😉 I'm sure ur consultant will put ur mind at ease with any questions u have 2 ask? Take care Joan
    • Posted

Thanks Tom. I'm getting nervous but glad to be able to find out if I am progressing as well as expected. Will let you know.
    • Posted

Hi again Joan, I'm sure that while you've been reading thru the various comments on this forum, one you'll come across regularly is that everyone recovers at a different rate be it after TKR or THR, I had my 1st TKR in March 2010 & it was 16 months before I returned to full time work, but then when I read some of the comments on here I'm amazed at how some folk seem 2 recover in such a short space of time? I'm 6 days post op after a left THR & things seem 2 be going really well so far, apart from not being able to sleep at all, just hope it carries on the same way it's started out as I'm due back in within 3 months 2 have the right hip done? Fingers x'd all goes well 4 u, I'm sure it will, keep us posted ☺
    • Posted

Thanks Tom. Its good to talk on here and get other peoples views. You feel as if your on your own when you leave hospital and wonder if you are the only one feeling this. So glad when I found this forum and realised we are all going through similar. People tell me I am doing really well but some days I just dont want to do anything. I then come on here and am immediatly cheered by other peoples comments and this I think spurs you on.
  • Posted

I am 13 months past TKR, and cannot quite straighten and still have a lot of pain. Also had PVNS which is the main problem I guess. Despite this I have started playing tennis again.  Be patient. time will heal all!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.