following on... cbt apt../ anxiety. ..depression. I have qs

Posted , 3 users are following.

So just looked through the questioairre when it says for example feeling little pleasure in doing things... never/occasionally etc... well nearly all mine are everyday. .. but I don't want to say that on the phone as looks like im a nut job.

Also the first one is on the phone. .. are the others in person ? As heard they're not always. But talking on the phone is one of my big ' things' so dreading the first apt anyway.

Ive started writing a rough few notes over the last few days to help me. I.e when I feel bad. .. why ( if there's a reason ): what time of day it is. Ive been trying to stay focused the last few days but in the eves im so bad.

Also ive noticed more and more of things like my list writing. Urge to tidy if anythings out of place. .. to the point I dont want to go to bed because it will mess it up... then in morning ill have to make it ... then I may be late for work. .. yet ive always made it in morning / stripped washed remade as a natural thing but now that for example is on my mind all the time... then its is my straighners off .... yet I don't use them every day but its still on my mind. Bleaching the loo is becoming a huge thing.... its not until I wrote things down that its all shocked me.. is it to do with anxiety ?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello sarah

What you have written about and described is nothing new in the anxiety stakes.  In all kindness it is a kind of obsessional behaviour pattern.  (I know, as I have experienced it).  One example I can give is that when visitors come I have in the past become so anxious they would mess up my sofa and chairs, and make them look less pristine.  (How ridiculous is this ?  Chairs are for sitting on an they will not stay new forever!  That is only one example.  If you miss a day bleaching the toilet it is not the end of the world.  You do not say how old you are, but from talking among my friends these feeling seem to occur when you are either quite young or into your 40's.  As you get older, these things seem to get less important, although maybe still there in the background.  I could write a lot about this, but hope this helps a little.  Good Luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im early 30s. I get panic attacks at work but that's when its busy etc. Taking my son places I.e football etc I often get others to take him. Its not just the cleaning its some of the silliest things that set me off... I have a meeting at work for it all in a couple of wks and its all thats on my mind. . That ive got to sit and face 2 manager and go through it all... in know its what they havr to do and ive known one of them 15 yrs but its still so hard.... did u have cbt x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello again sarah

Have read your concerns about the work meeting coming up.  Did you mean you have to talk about your illness (go through it all) or is the meeting work related. It is not unusual to feel nervous before any meeting or public occasion.  But there is a difference between natural nervousness and obsessive nervousness, where you cannot stop thinking about whatever is coming up, or what you have to do.  I did have a session of therapy, but I did not find it helped me very much.  I seemed to do all the talking, and after only a few sessions the lady said she did not need to see me any more, yet nothing was solved.  I think you have to understand and take control of your feelings (not easy) with possible the help of meds.  You CAN get through this, I promise!  Good Luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry yeah meeting regarding illness , basically had gone thro it with old manager , but he didnt record it properly , and has since left. So i have to do it all again , but lots has happened since to its pants , yeah its on my mind over 50% of the day , ill be doing somethign and it just surfaces again , so i write down what ever i think i need to say and a bit later it happens again and so forth. Just counting down got 3 days at work this week , then a week off , then my meetings on my 2nd shift back so hopefully ill try and be occupied in the meantime smile xx thank you xd
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up