Food tolerances

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just when I thought it was safe, I decided to have a lovely meal out with family to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday. I decided to just try and be 'normal' and choose whatever I felt like and have a couple of drinks , nothing too exciting but just feel normal! Wow did that backfire , not been off the loo all day (including a few accidents too) . Feel crap and depressed, so hate this stupid DD. Thankfully no fever so just taking it very easy with food now for a few days. I do suffer with diarrhea on a constant basis together with pain and bloating etc but wow this was bad . Sorry for the rant !!!!  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh, that is so disappointing for you Caroline, eating out can be a minefield.
  • Posted

I have done that a few times. But I have learnt my lesson. I don't drink but I have tried to eat out and have what I want  it doesn't work 

• Posted

Buy a probiotic. It should help. If no fever lay low. Could be the IBS triggered by food.

I know this all too well. 😘

• Posted

Totally agree with probiotic, and also the IBS.  I have suffered from that for a long time, probiotic has helped, along with diet, and I have gone the other way to frequent constipation - which is easier in the short term as far as fear of accidents, but in the long term is certainly not good for diverticulosis.  I think primarily onions and garlic and maybe tomatoes fueled my IBS-D - you know, all the things that make eating yummy!  Bad also for reflux which I have developed, so I guess I am destined to a life of bland!  On a better note, what you are experiencing probably is IBS since you have had problems before - better that than another div flare!  Best wishes.   
  • Posted

Feel for you xx

I would love to have a handful of almonds as I loved them before the DD stuff..too scared to try 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.