for anyone worried about taking citalopram :)

Posted , 8 users are following.

so i thought i would write a review as there are alot of bad ones onn here that scare the life out of people.

?I got prescribed citalopram as i suffer from all different types of anxiety especially health anxiety. due to suffering from health anxiety i was so afraid of taking the tablets so it took me a week just to go and get them. when i did build up the courage and then took one i took it around 2pm i was so afraid that i had done it i wrote a discussion on here.. I can say there was no major side effects other then tired and spaced out feeling which i wasnt happy with so came off. i then decided a few days later to try them again but at a different time when it was ok to feel tired. so i decided to take them after i had dinner and washed up at around 7 on a full stomach and im so glad i did because it makes you feel relaxed when you need to be. i had no vivid dreams like others have reported or insomnia if anything i have slept much better. I did have abit of nausea but not as bad as what i thought i would after reading reviews and it was so bearable that once i ate something it would go. im so happy i started taking them again in the evening. I now i feel like my anxiety is lessening everyday and im looking at the world in a complete different way like when i was a child. Everything seems brighter. I'm not saying that 7pm will be perfect for everyone or that you wont get any other side effects but i am saying that over thinking the tablets makes you feel worse and so does reading up on side effects as anxiety suffers will start to look for the side effect and us anxiety sufferers no full well that when you look for things you start to feel them as if they are there because of anxiety. So to anyone who is worried about taking them just go for it. if you have been prescribed then you must be feeling bad. from my own account i am feeling great and am so glad i have taken them the tablets are life changing smile goodluck everyone x

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lauren someone positive at last.everything you said is right. I changed from paraoxtine to citlopram had a horrible time. 5 weeks in feeling better at last. Hope to get even better. Xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.