For Better or Worse?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all, need of some help please.

Just had my meds changed.  I was on 40mg of Citalopram but not having any real effect and so have now been put on 15mg of Miratzapine.  Only been on them for 4 days but all I wanna do is sleep.  When I am awake I feel like a zombie and feel really iritable.  My emotions are all over the place, I keep snapping at my wife for no real reason and feel quite aggressive.  None of this is how I was on the the other meds.  Can anyone tell me if this is usual and if it settles down?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deaver,

Ironically, I didn't agree with Citalopram at all - felt half cut the next day and was bouncing off walls! So, after perservering, I came off it. Now, for the past few days, I've been taking Miratzapine - my Dr. prescribed me the same doseage as you BUT said to take 7.5mgs to start off with (for 2 weeks) and THEN go on to the full 15mgs. So far, I have slept really well and (touch wood) have had no side-effects. Would it be advisable for you to maybe cut down to half the dose i.e 7.5mgs then move on up to 15mgs when you start to feel better?

The only major side effect I have Deaver is that all I want to do is eat - do you get like that too?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh yeah,  I felt as if I spent all day yesterday eating and that isn't me at all, so I am going to keep a strict reign on that.  The GP said I was to start on this and maybe increase later.  I have been on a few types of antidepressants but this is a first.  I hate feeling zombified.  Thinking of knocking it all on the head and dealing with whatever happens.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Stick with it Deaver - cut down the dose if you have to or, ask your Dr. for another type of antidepressant if need be - but, hang in there :-)
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Deaver 

I have been on mirtazapine for the last 4 years, it used to work in the first 3 years but l lost a great deal of myself. It does help with the depression but then it does zombify you. My GP says that its one or the other.l am not the same person l was before & l dont feel like the old me, it has altered me a great deal. l am now just a shell of the person l used to be. lf l were you l would go back to my gp and tell him my concerns. It might that it is just early stages of taking this medication & it might wear off but just have a word with your gp and here what he has to say.

l hope this was helpful.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up