For every pound you lose on a low fat diet you lose 3lb more on top of that with the tablets

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone clarify if this statemen tis corrcet please . I read it in a post somehwere, cant remember where. x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi Andrea.

this is what i have been told. my doctor was like take these and hope for the best. i started yesterday so too soon for me to tell anything at all. i hope they work for us. i hear lots of good stuff about them so fingers crossed

• Posted

HI,

I have been on them 3 weeks now and lost 2lb in the first fortnight, joined SW last staurday so will know what loss I have had on staurday for this week. I have kept to the 5g per 100g etc etc principke but have to say I am a little disappointed with the weight loss, given that a number of individulas who are around the same weight as me on here have lost so much more - thrilled for them but wonder what I am doing wrong. I 16, 10 and 5 8 so have a fair bit to shift lol x

• Posted

yeah thats what i wander, there is a lots of people dropping loads but some say nothing much. i wander if it just depends on your body as such. i cant say anything yet as im only on my second day. but i will report back. here is what i eat in a day.

breakfast low fat yogurt and berried

lunch chicken sandwich on brown with a teeny scraping of butter and apples and grapes

dinner salad with cicken or tuna etc and a few little potaotes. and fruit during the day if i get peckish. i feel that it is low fat so if i loose weight ill let you know x

ps im 5.8 and 18 stone and type 2 diabetic also

• Posted

Hi,

I have melon, 35g shreddies and low fat muller light youghurt for breakfast, 10 - 11 ish, as I work and cant fit it into the daily routine at work until that time.

fruit at lunchtime

salad wiht chicken, prawns or other fish fir evening meal.

No snacks, unlkess it is fruit and at least 2 liters of watre a dya.

I would hav ethought that the weight would hav efallen off any way due to the huge lifestyle changes I have made x

• Posted

my GP told me to have a gastric band lol
    • Posted

I would never have one of those even if i had been 30 stone i would rather do it this way. People always look funny after they have them and besides you would never enjoy food again. Even if for example i had been bigger and wanted one of those i would never get it done on the NHS A) why should someone pay because i have got myself to that state and B) you always hear of botch up jobs on nhs and generally they do bypass not band so your going to have a stomach the size of god knows what for the rest of your life
    • Posted

Mints don't have any fat in them well the extra strong type don't! you can eat sweets if you want and sugar is fine but they say to watch your intake of that if your on a diet obviously x
    • Posted

they are sugar free and fat free. i just find it helps if im gaggin for something sweet
    • Posted

Yep that's fine there are a lot of sweet things you can actually have
  • Posted

Britney, I wasnt contradicting it, I dont have the experinec or knowledge to do that! I couldnt remmebr where i had seen it and was actually amazed.
    • Posted

Andrea it wasn't meant like that i didn't say you were contradicting it!

Your food is healthy how long have you been on them? i think i replied to you before on another thread or might be someone with the same name have you lost anything. Some people lose more some less, generally the bigger you are the more you lose quickly for example someone of 25 stone will lose a heck of a lot in month 1 on a very low fat diet with the tablets compared to someone of say 14 stone

are you on full strength 120mg tablets?  x

• Posted

HI Britney,

The interpretation from texts and messgaes on here etc is difficult lol, xx

Yes it was me you replied too. I lost 2lb in the firts 2 weeks and go to be weighed staurday for this week at SW, but my scales indicate a 2 lb loss. I know 2lb is 2lb and goodness knows I am grateful for it BUT .......... lol xx

Yes I am on full strength and take them 3x a day

There was a post on here the other day, whre a lady weighing slightly less than me had lost 14lb in 2 weeks, whihc is fabulous for her and I am thrilled for her to, but how is it so diffreent! I hav equestioned all of my portions, smaller plates etc etc but sooooooooo disappointed xx

• Posted

Hi Andrea

I did see that post and where the woman said she lost that amount now she may continue to lose like that or she may hit a block for x weeks or may lose 2lb a week from now on and she said she was worried weight loss would stop i did tell her exactly what i just said and also that ANYTHING is better than putting on weight and even if we all put on 2lb it's better than a stone so never be too hard on yourself everyone is different.

You could lose nothing this week but next week lose 6lbs you just never know. I personally hate weekly weighing it would do my head in but everyone is different. Whatever you do never give up and soon your post will be that you have had a big weight loss.

Don't forget TOTM can have an effect on scales i find that a ton of water helps with bloat and weigh loss also are you constipated? that can make you heavier on the scales x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.