For kelee

Posted , 5 users are following.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing... they miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but one day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, legs carrying him faster and faster.

YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look one more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Bev xx

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well you never know - it could be true couldn't it?   Will let you know when I get there lol.  x
  • Posted

Bev oh that is so lovely.  I have lost many pets over the years.  Love to think of them running and happy in the Rainbow Bridge. 

My pets mean so much to me.  No they never leave our heart. 

Thank you.

What pets do you have?  I have a cat who was abandoned, and I adopted him and named him.  I have had cats for 40 years, and also dogs.  I got a dog in the fiurst place to make me go out when I was so very depressed.  Walking them helped me with my depression.  Just got a cat now, but helps so much to know he is there, as I live alone.

• Posted

Yes it is lovely Anne isn't it?   Glad you like it as well.  

We sound very similiar!  My parents always had cats then later dogs as well and I have had my own cats - am on my 4th over 34 years.   The latest one is only 10 months old so still a kitten.  They have all got their own little characters and the latest is a little b.,,,,,,r lol   

I have never owned dogs myself coz I always worked full time until the last few years but I do take my sisters dog out every day as she can't due to disability.  She is a lab/collie cross 5 years old and is fabulous.  I love her to death:  and you are right it certainly helps with depression and is often the only reason I get up and go out.  

I live alone as well with just my kitten for company.   Seperated at birth?  lol

Hope you are ok at the moment.  Bev xx

• Posted

Hello Bev, your sister and her collie are very lucky to have you. The colllie has the best of both worlds, her mum at home with her during the day and a doting aunt to take her for walks smile
    • Posted

I have passed my love of cats onto my chidren and grandchildren.  The oldest cat I  had was nearly 18.  I had him from a kitten.   Did not get a dog untll I was home full time
  • Posted

Thanks, I needed to read that also. Lost my dog, Sassy, the day before thanksgiving. She was 14 years old, a beautiful Golden Retriever. She was my best friend and loyal companion. I miss her so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.