For PJ, Melbi & all who are returning (or trying to) wor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi PJ & Melbi

Thanks for your replies to my earlier post. Good luck with your meeting on Thursday afternoon PJ - let us know how you get on!

You might want to check out these avenues for advice about where you stand with work before Thursday & anyone else who is having trouble work wise - honestly once you've been off work with depression / anxiety you'd think you had turned into a lepper or something - too much stigma! Anyway enough of me ranting....

You can contact Mind legal services Mon / Wed & Fri 2pm - 4.30 on 020 8519 2122 you get a 15 min call free advice or email legal@mind.org.uk but it can take up to 2 weeks to receive a reply.

Advisory Conciliation & Arbitration Services (ACAS) are on 0845 47 47 47 If things are really bad they will send someone to your work on your behalf but this service does cost. Or you can always contact your local Citizens Advice which should be listed in yellow pages.

I think the most important thing to remember is that you are no less of a person for being ill, try to stand up for yourself, very very hard I know I'm there at the moment and am trying not to let it wear me down - we can't be railroaded we all have a right to return to work if that's what we want to do and the more of us that do it successfully the better it will be for those that come after us - we've been ill we are not insane!!!

Good luck to everyone Nicky Jane x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thank you Nicky Jane, that's very thoughtful of you.

I'm not at all worried about the meeting Thursday. I have a brilliant union rep and a good firm of solicitors. :wink:

What's getting me very worked up is the job intervies Wednesday at 11.30. My IBS has already kicked in. I'm trying to practice using Excel ready for the test I have to do. But I can't concentrate and the more I think about Excel the more anxious I'm getting.

Deep breaths!!! and as TT would say 'stick your nipples out'!! :D

• Posted

Hi PJ

I'm sure you'll be fine on Wednesday (and Thursday) how much practice are you putting in on Excel - perhaps you may be pushing yourself a little too hard? I'm sure it'll all come flooding back to you - bit like riding a bike! Are you forced to take this test in order to return to work? If I'm not being too personal what is it you do and how long have you been off? (don't answer if you don't want too). It's great that you have a union rep, at least there is another person on your side we don't have a union here perhaps I should join one quick lol

Best of luck anyway - keep posting to let us know you get on.

Nicky Jane x

• Posted

I have been in contact with MIND over the last couple of days via email and they reply very quickly. :D

They have been a great help and have put my mind at ease quite a lot.

If you go to their website you will find a lot of useful information.

I just typed MIND into google.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi

Thanks for that I will try their main email as opposed to the legal department - perhaps they are not as busy.

I keep getting the error message too - I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon.

Best to all Nicky Jane x

• Posted

My goodness Hilary - you are on top of us lot today :wink:

Thanks for that link. They are most definitely worth contacting. They are very understanding and extremely helpful.

The error seems to have disappeared too!

Melbi x

LOL sorry - just had a thought - poor Hilary, do you have to read all our posts? If we get too much for you - we can recommend a drug that will help relieve your stess/anxiety/depression!

Melbi x

• Posted

:oops: I take that back!:oops:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

• Posted

Hi Hilary

Many thanks will check the link.

Hi too Melbi - your humour is def on the return lol! Why can't I get those nice smiley emoticons onto my post? Is it because I'm on an apple mac not a pc?

Keep smiling.........

Nicky Jane x

• Posted

Hi Guys

We're trying something to stop the Critical error message. Can you let me know if you still get it quite regularly.

Thanks

• Posted

All seems fine now - I have just closed and opened the site a few times and so far no critical message. :D
  • Posted

[quote:0792e44d71=\"Nicky Jane\"]Hi Hilary

Many thanks will check the link.

Hi too Melbi - your humour is def on the return lol! Why can't I get those nice smiley emoticons onto my post? Is it because I'm on an apple mac not a pc?

Keep smiling.........

Nicky Jane x[/quote:0792e44d71]

Still feeling A-Okay :D

Here's hoping everyone soon starts to feel better too :boing:

Nicky Jane I don't know why the smileys don't work for you :cry:

Melbi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.