For those of you who stopped working...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have any of you ladies taken a break from work and then been able to go back?  

I’m self employed and I had to stop working last Dec due to extreme peri symptoms and back / neck issues.   I tried to apply for disability, of course, got denied. I want to get back into the swing of things.  I miss the money and the job.  I love what I do, but I need to be physically and mentally strong. I’ve just been feeling so horrible.  I’m trying to be rational and hope by next spring I’ll be a little better.  Any encouraging stories or comments?  

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I so understand what you mean. I’ve been struggling horribly at work for the last year. I’m lucky that I’ve been at this company for 24 years. They know me well and are pretty understanding of my rough days. I don’t handle the stress well anymore though. I don’t have much of a choice about working, but I think I’d take a sabbatical if it got too bad. If you enjoy your work, you’ll probably be fine. The activity and social aspects might even be helpful. Did you leave citing medical issues or just quit outright? 

• Posted

Hi Teri, I’m self employed and have my own home business.  The good news is I don’t have to answer to anyone. The bad...no work, no pay!  I have arthritis and degenerative disc issues from wear and tear, but these peri symptoms are just the icing on the cake.  Knocking me on my butt!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.