Forced to switch meds.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking Fluvoxamine for 20 years for OCD and depression.  Then all of a sudden it was on back order and I couldn’t get it.  The doctor put me on Fluvoxatine and I couldn’t take it.  Had terrible withdrawals and lost almost 20 pounds.  Now I’m on Citalopram and it’s been about a month.  My mood is improving and my appetite too but I have low energy.  Mornings are the worst.  I’m playing with the times I take the Citalopram because I find I wake up in the night.  I’ve read on these forums that everyone is different and to just give it time.  It’s so hard to be patient when you don’t feel like yourself.  Has anyone else had this experience with a drug suddenly becoming unavailable?  Frustrated!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i m on day 40 on citalopram and i still not my slef what i m hearing here it needs about 12 weeks to see difference,,  today sad gd luck
    • Posted

Hi

You should be seeing a significant improvement by now i suggest you go back and discuss with your gp

• Posted

i will once is been 2 month ,, i m one of them pople that take a bit longer to get better i gues 
    • Posted

Im also one of those people 8months...it took me ...ben..wait till three months then. Decide...
    • Posted

how are you today lois ?? i had to go ambessy with my missess got stuck in traffick anxity sky high, got home had a nice rest now waiting for fotty to start!!
    • Posted

Yes been at two months I was all over the place...my moods would switch with anxiety everyday ..I know too that at two months ..I have white noise sound on my tablet..that help alot for sleep...
  • Posted

Has anyone experienced weight gain with Celexa?  I’ve experienced weight loss which is great but I’m concerned about my daughter.  She gained 30lbs over the course of 4 years on Prozac which didn’t help her anxiety at all.  She’s 16.  Doctor just switched her to Celexa and I’m hoping it doesn’t have the same result.  
    • Posted

I gain weight ..but recently lost most of it..celexa does cause you to crave carbohydrates..
    • Posted

How did you lose it?  My daughter is counting calories and we just bought a rowing machine, so I hope it help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.