Fore skin redness and shiny penis glans

Posted , 31 users are following.

For the past one month, I am having red foreskin and red spots on glans.

There is a white discharge under the foreskin even if I don't clean it for a single day. After washing the glans become shiny n develop wrinkles later. What it possibly be ?

I had sex around 1.5 months back. The symptoms developed after 15 days from the sexual activity. I used condom though. I don't have any issue while urinating but after urination it burns for 5-10 minutes at the tip of penis. I am uncircumcised and 25 year old. I consulted a urologist and applying onabet ointment for past 20 days and taking doxy tablets but the condition is not improving. The urologist diagnosed blantopithis. But I am having no improvement.

Please suggest something.

1 like, 90 replies

90 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sounds a lot like the symptoms my hubby gets when he has got thrush (from me). You can get thrush simply from messing up the balance of healthy bacteria and yeast e.g. by overwashing, using scented products, a reaction to a product. Try a canestan / fluconazole oral tablet canestan / clotrimazole cream.
    • Posted

Thank you Suki,

I don't know how to upload pics here otherwise I would have shown my issue.

Did he got shiny glans too,With wrinkles washing with water?

• Posted

He had the redness, white spots and discharge and slight stinging when peeing. He didn't really wash because I told him not to, just to use the cream. Are you sore or itchy at all where it is red?

• Posted

Suki I also I have same problem .. I have redness in my dick head.... And have some ringworm on back side of shaft...

Itching.. Feeling offword .. in early I have little bumps on my penis shaft

. I never tested my blood.. Is it worry.

• Posted

start by treating with an anti fungal cream. but you should really get yourself tested for infection.

• Posted

Im using antifungle cream from last one month.. It work but after a week they raise again. Now it's feeling irritated n itching Alot.

• Posted

Im using antifungle cream from last one month.. It work but after a week they raise again. Now it's feeling irritated n itching Alot.

• Posted

• Posted

get it tested. it could have turned into something else.

• Posted

i have just looked up onabet and I see it is an antifungal cream. I would have thought that would clear up thrush. My hubby did have similar symptoms once that got worse with thrush treatment, so we guessed it wasn't thrush and the doctor have him fucidin cream which is an antibiotic cream. But you say you are on doxy, and that is an antibiotic. Hum....

• Posted

There is something else it could be. My hubby also had persistent soreness and redness on the head which didn't respond to any treatments (for fungal or bacterial infections). It lasted for weeks  and very occasionally flare up even now. Turned out it was balanitis. You may want to look that up on the internet. The symptoms are: 

The head of your penis (glans) is inflamed — red, sore and itchy.

White or red blotches or lumps may appear.

The glans may also look shiny or waxy.

In severe cases it may also be swollen.

The foreskin may become pale and thickened and stick to the glans (known as balanitis xerotica obliterans)..

A foul-smelling discharge.

It is supposed to be treatable but my hubby found it went away slowly with time and taking good care of it - no excess washing, only using water and frequent application of coconut oil. He uses coconut oil now if he gets a flare up and that soothes it. You need to get raw, cold pressed, organic, virgin coconut oil. They sell it in supermarkets in the uk.

• Posted

Thank you Suki again so nice of you to take out time and reply.

I am not itchy after I apply onabet.

If I don't apply it for a day then it is itchy and a white discharge forms layers on my penis glans and inside of foreskin which I have to remove with warm water.

My glans are not sore now just the red spots. Initially it was inflamed and red on the glans and irritating. But after I apply ointment it is just red spots and waxy and shiny glans . Although the foreskin still seems a bit red to me.

I guess it burns me after urination because the last drops of urine irritates my foreskin and causes burning sensation for 5-10 minutes till it dries up.

I also doubt I have balanitis but I don't have red irritating patches on my glans . I guess I am not showing all of the symptoms. I seriously doubt on balanitis but I need to suggest my doc although he would get irritated by me telling him the disease rather than he diagnosing it haha.

Do you know how to upload pics here?

Looking at pics would have made it clear.

Regards,

• Posted

To upload a pic I think when you are writing a message you click on the square on the top right with a symbol of mountains and a Sun. But it probably isn't a good idea because it's a public forum so anyone could see it! I wouldn't do it! I think the moderators remove it pretty soon too. A lady posted a picture of her bits and it disappeared fairly soon. Luckily I saw it and was able to tell her what it was.

• Posted

Hahaha suki, actually i was commenting using phone so it was not giving the option earlier.

But moderators will allow the pic as it is not vulgur but a genuine pic regarding the issue. I have seen in a different thread a guy posted a pic like that.

I am attaching pic. kindly see and tell me if it is balanitis or not.

Thank you so much Suki.

• Posted

Well, you have to know that I am not a medical dr, just a woman of a certain age who has had (and who's husband has had) a fair share of minor benign health problems. Even if I was a dr, I have found that GPs aren't great with diagnosing skin problems. Bearing in mind how long you gave had it, you perhaps should see a dermatologist. I can't really tell from the pictures -when I enlarge them they get blurry. I can see it is very shiny and that's about it. It didn't look red or inflamed like I would expect with balanitis. But everyone's symptoms are different and that list of symptoms I gave is just a list of 'can include'. With balanitis it would feel sore but also very sensitive to touch, almost like touch is painful. 

• Posted

this question is for both suki and lostknight. was there any actual test done to verify a condition or just based on a physical exam by your doctor 
    • Posted

HEY m now faced a same problem that you had sent that pic i also have the same issue i just wanted to know how your husband cure please reply it will help me alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.