Foreskin Issue (help)

Posted , 2 users are following.

so I’ve had a pretty messed up foreskin for a long time now (about 3-4 years from memory) and I’m just looking for answers so here are all my issues/symptoms etc.

- red foreskin tip most of the time 

- can only retract foreskin all the way when flaccid and when erect retract 1/4 of the way 

- weird veins that lead to the tip of my foreskin (not my frenulum)

- these spots that you can get on your lips aswell forgot the name but I already know what they are 

so yeah would prefer not to see a urologist or gp because parents don’t know and it’s embarrassing.

im 16 and just looking for answers thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Firstly, I'm sad to think you can't confide in your parents about this. Please don't let embarrassment interfere with your health. If you're in the UK you can see a doctor or go to a GUM / sexual health clinic without telling your parents - and the medical people won't tell anyone either. (if you go to a GUM clinic, they don't even notify your GP)

That said, to respond to your query:

It's not necessary to have full retraction to enjoy a good sex life and you may find that this will resolve as you mature. Physically boys are not fully men until about 22 years old. Your foreskin may continue to detach from the glans if it still is attached. But if you feel there is separation, but that the tip of the foreskin is just too small, you may have phimosis. Some stretching can be done by pulling the foreskin away from your body - there's a good guide to this, available on Amazon Books, including a digital download with Kindle, readable on any device. Search for Arvin Brits / Phimosis Cure.

Meanwhile, until you know what you're doing, take care not to try to fully pull back too soon, as the foreskin can get stuck behind your glans which can restrict blood supply. This is a medical emergency requiring hospital attention. Now that WOULD be embarrassing!

Best of health and luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks, appreciate the help. I live in Australia by the way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.