Foreskin sore/painful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Long story short;

- I had jock itch

- It spread to penis, had balanitis

- Used betamethasone steroid cream amongst other creams

- Still got skin which is a different colour than what it was, potential scarring or thinning of skin?

- I am currently finding it very painful to walk

Although most of my symptoms have returned (after getting rid of them) the issue I am asking about started before these came back.

I have a soreness on my foreskin, difficult to describe exactly where it is, but when the foreskin is pulled over the head, it is around the very top of where it usually sits. It's causing me to be in pain a lot of the time.

I saw my GP, she said "There's no reason for any pain there, here take these (Amitripyline)". I do believe a part of this could be 'phantom pain' where your brain convinces you there is something wrong there, but it's not like you would epexct, it's only in a very particular area, and even when my mind is on something else, if i move slightly while sat down and my penis rubs on something, it is like it's rubbing on sandpaper.

No visible signs of anything apart from very slight redness sometimes. Worth mentioning: roughly the exact area of where the pain is, i have developed some very tiny white dots, some clustered some go in a line of about 3 or 4. My GP said they are nothing to worry about, just hair follicles.

I just find it strange that I get such intense pain in one area, where these ' hair follicles' have appeared. If anyone can shed any light as to what this could be I would be greatful.

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you are in the UK, you could try going to the  GUM clinic at your local hospital.  You can generally walk in off the street,so to speak.  They know a lot more about genital problems than GPs do.  It may only be a question of a slightly stronger cream.

If you just Google GUM clinic and your local town, you should get contact details.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

I am having the exact same medical history ( balinitis followed by application of steroid cream ) and now exact same pain while walking and also pain in the region where many tiny white spots have appeared exactly like you mentioned . My urologist is saying nothing is wrong but I am experiencing pain.

Did you find any solution to this ? If so can you pleas help me and suggest any remedy ? Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are going through this. It's horrible when people can't give you a direct answer. If it's any consolation the issue has gone, no pain and everything cleared up, and it basically just took time for it to do that. No single cure worked, just waited basically, it will eventually sort itself out. 

The only thing I would recommend it perhaps Sudocrem as a barrier/healing cream. Let me know how it goes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.