Forever fearful

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi ladies, I think the one subject which has obsessed my mind lately is how much I worry about how I won't be able to cope when parents for example pass on in life. On how I could have achieved more in my life and how guilty I feel about any hurt I've caused family members. Does anyone else had these thoughts since the menopause I mean? Donna x

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't know if it's hormones or just getting older. I am constantly worried about staying healthy. I have a disabled son and worry about who will care for him when I'm gone. I worry about being alone. Wish I could calm down,and just enjoy life.

• Posted

I've worried my whole life about things like this. I don't believe it has anything to do with menopause causing it; maybe just makes it worse. I'm well past menopause and I worry about my husband all the time.

It used to be that I worried about my parents passing. Now it's been 20+ years. You get through it. If anything happens to me husband, I will be alone. I fear that.

As far as things said/done in the past - we all have done things like that and there is no need to dwell on that!

• Posted

I just pretty much worry about everything, to the point of obsession.  

I worry about health, I worry about things being completed.

I worry that I have said the wrong things.  It never ends. 

I have been on this forum many times, I seem to have all the symptoms menopause brings. 

• Posted

I'm like that Donna I'm fearful of anything I can't control. I worry about parents getting older my son my husband my health it's constant and all since peri started x

• Posted

Oh yes ! I worry about my cat .... she’s my life and is about 14-15 ... she is all I have . I worry about my mom if I’ll end up homeless it’s never ending ! also keep thinking wish I could turn the clock back ... do things differently be better educated about meno and Peri ..... 
  • Posted

Absolutely.  My dad passed away several years ago, a few months before I was born. My mom lives alone and she is older...and lives a couple hours away...I constantly worry.  I have 2 living brothers and , 2 deceased.  I have a disabled child and I constantly think about his future.  Thank goodness, I have my older child, to take care of him when we pass on.  I am happy and grateful for what I’ve achieved thus far.  I’ve always been a worry wart 😊

• Posted

Yes definitely! I have always been a worrier and it's even worse now. I worry about the future, job/financial security and being homeless also, it's exhausting! 😩

• Posted

Thank god I am not alone with these irrational fears.  Why is it a struggle to “stay in the moment”?
    • Posted

I know, right? I just bought the current issue of Time magazine...the headline? Mindfulness...

I'm ready to try any and everything to stay present and live in the moment!!

• Posted

I wish we all (well maybe not all, we'd need a stadium lol) lived closer so we could meet twice a month(or more if needed) and have wine, snacks and talk, talk, talk! They have AA, but what about MA? (Menopause Anonymous). But we wouldn't really be anonymous. We would not only meet, we would educate young women and girls about what to expect during this time in their lives.

I agree about trying to stay in the moment, but it is so hard! I talk to God every night. 

• Posted

Juanita that sounds so good...I wish we could!!Of course since we are from every corner of the world, we certainly would need a stadium!!! But I'm so grateful that you girls are reachable...that's one kudo I will give to social medium!! Today I really needed to hear from you ladies; physically and mentally low today, plus I'm in the midst of a year of a LOT of change- personal, family and work. And then I hear that Aretha passed away...and the memories of the role her music has played in my life..just made for a very, wistful, thoughtful, melancholy type of day. Thanks for posting your thoughts, fears and advice, ladies. Today I really needed it.

😘

• Posted

🤗??? Katy! I know I felt so sad when I heard Aretha passed. Another great iconic singer gone. I guess it's sad because, Micheal, Whitney, Prince, David Bowie and now Aretha reminds me of a time in my life when I was carefree and full of hormones.

Chin up Katy, we are here for you!

• Posted

Hi Katy my friend

Yep Aretha was the lady who knew how to tell it like it was..

Beautiful soul. We played some of her music this morning when i filled in at work.

This place has been an exception to me too for social media as i dont do much of anything, its too much.

I hope you get rest tonight, and just be with the feelings. No changing or resisting, thats what im doing..just realizing that this is me now, maybe not forever, but its me.

Lots of hugs and understanding going out to you.

x0x0x0x0x0

• Posted

I worry too! I’ve always been a worrier, but the last year has been the worst. Idk if it’s because my youngest is about to go off on her own in college or if it’s the hormones! It’s really been a struggle lately, because of every little ache or pain.. sends my anxiety into overdrive! 
  • Posted

Worry about everything. But pray about it because the Bible tells us that worry will not add one day to our lives. It shortens it, because it stresses us out. Then I worry about that😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

We’re worrying about things that haven’t happened yet .... it’s not healthy and think of everybody in this world .... if we all worried about what is to come that isn’t so pleasant nobody would  have a good day ... ever. So cross that bridge when we come to it .

For now we al have to focus on getting stable emotionally . 

• Posted

I read somewhere that 87 percent of the stuff we worry about never happens. Then I think it's the 13 percent that'll get us 😂😂😂😂😂

Which is not true either.

Women are natural born worriers, so we try to cover all the bases and worry about everything 🙄😖😫

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.