Forget it Here, Im DONE

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well for a week my BP hasnt been too bad on the Med, now all of a sudden today its 137/99, the bottom number after a week of staying ear or below normal way back up again, Im done with these damn meds, so I threw the rest out, Im stopping everything, Sick of these meds and Im sick of God F*cking with me

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, one reading doesn't make a high or low BP, remember its been very warm and its possible your body is not coping as well as you would normally.

How high was your bp before you were put on the medication, be careful that if you stop the meds dead without seeing your GP first you may cause more problems.

Can I ask your age

• Posted

On Toprol I was Still like 150/105 or higher, Im on Zestril now

Ill Give you all Myreadings the past week since I Started the New Pill:

132/82

116/86

138/82

139/78

141/83

135/82

Today: 137/99 - REALLY? 99? After all those more normal Bottom Nunbers? Thats crap no reason should be that high again

Also My Age will be 38 in 2 months

• Posted

Hi Mark, thanks for passing on more info, were all your results taken at the same time of day, had you just eaten, drunk something or done exercise even needed the loo or just been, was there anything different in your routine.

Nobodies BP is static and will rise and fall, please don't stop your meds without consulting your GP

• Posted

Just one high reading in a week and you're reacting like this? REALLY? A single reading never means anything. And was it an average of three taken at 5-minute intervals (the way you're supposed to do it) or a single reading? If it's the latter, it means nothing at all.

And it's never a good idea to suddenly stop taking BP meds without tailing them off. But hey, it's your life.

• Posted

no my Dr told me to take it ONCE a day so thats what Im doing
    • Posted

Oh, I thought you said you'd stopped them all and thrown the rest out in your opening post. I must have misread it.

• Posted

no Stil on the meds and BP was good for a wek and now its up, Still on the meds, ...Also My Ongoing Insomnia issue I have had for 2 and a half years dont help, I sleep maybe 3-4 hours a night and its VERY POOR sleep quality sucks...and Yes I had a Sleep Study last year they said I didnt have Apnea so I dont know what is wrong with me, tried alot of meds for it and still nothing comes out of it but tiredness and High BP
    • Posted

I was told to take it mid morning, about 10 am not to be too cold or too hot, not to need the loo and not too have just eaten or drunk, sit quietly with feet planted on floor and be in a chair that let's you sit upright.

5/10 mins later take your first reading then 2 more at approximately 3 min intervals, then add them together each reading systolic and dystolic and divide by 3, that should give your average BP reading at rest.

Like others have said don't just stop the meds, give them time to get into your system, you are young to have bp is there a particular reason do you know.

• Posted

Insomnia as I said, My sleep is none or Very Poor, that and my parents have a big history of it
    • Posted

I would perceiver with tabs and maybe gets some help to developed good sleep patterns, is it u just can't get to sleep or you are an intermittent sleeper, disgusting as it sounds boil banana skin and drink juice, its good for sleep

• Posted

Been trying to sleep at night but its only random and bad, Before 2014 I slept ALONG time 8-10 hours sometimes more, then all of a sudden no reason at all It Stopped and now its been awful
    • Posted

Oops, sorry Mark. It was your later post I misread. I now see that your once a day referred to taking your BP once a day not your meds.

I agree about once a day. However, most doctors these days suggest averaging three consecutive readings - all in a period of a few minutes - to get one reading. I almost always find that my first reading is the highest, and the other two come out lower, which brings down the average.

• Posted

Well todays BP Reading is 153/87, So yeah 2 days now its still high....The Meds Worked first week now of course they dont
    • Posted

The diastolic is really not too bad at 87, and that's the more important reading at your age, provided the systolic isn't too high. In fact, it's not a bad reading at all, considering you're now off all BP meds.

Your emotional state can cause both figures to rise, but especially the systolic. Do you think you might have become angry or agitated about your BP? This would affect it.

I still think it would be a good idea to try the three-readings-in-a-row method, to see whether you get a lower reading on the second or third. That's how most of us do it. Can't do any harm, can it?

• Posted

who said I was off, I said I was gunna but I actually still take it so no not off it yet which is why I mstill angy
    • Posted

After people to say to stay on them I did, The Bottle was in the garbage but I got them back out since people said to not stop so Im not till my Dr appointment on July 7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.