Forgetting tablets side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I not sure if anyone can help . I have been on citropram for 3 years due to health anxiety . 20mg 

Since Jan I been quite bad at forgetting my tablets on and off . I would say miss a day then take for 2 days then miss again a day . I had no side effects or impact on this and actually felt less anxious so just carried it on really with intention of seeing my gp Inmay to discuss tapering ! I know this was wrong to just miss out random days with no real pattern 

However since last Sunday I started to feel like my body was swaying like being on a boat feeling , also getting sore heads and just so tired . I also though just finished a cough viral thing so I was not sure if it was that . 

I am also anemic ! 

I have now started to make sure I take every day so taking 5 now 20mg in a row still feel the same swaying feeling and very tired with tight headache . Like fog or swimming head !

Could it be with mucking about with tablets ! If so why has it been ok for months then started now , worried it something sinister 

Anyone help or do anything like this before !! 

I really want to come off but need to sort this feeling first 

Got gp next week and getting blood tests done too 

Thanks for reading 

Ellie 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think it may be due to taking it randomly as it builds up in your system and needs to so it can maintain a healthy level of serotonin in your body. If you take some days and not others you wouldn’t feel any effect for a while until the levels diminish. But see what the dr says x x x
  • Posted

You have to come off them gradually and it will take a few months x When you come off them you will get side effects but if you can cope with them you will be ok x If you have been for therapy and read up on a lot of the things to do you will be ok x When i first started to come off them i didnt have a lot of knowledge about anxiety so the first sign of what i thought as a symptom i went back on them x The best thing is to talk to your doctor why do you want to come off them if they are doing the trick
  • Posted

You are having withdrawals .. skipping doses is very dangerous...and now your chemistry is trying to stabilize again..so is like starting the tablets again...you threw off the balance...so now your having withdrawals with start up side effects...take care
    • Posted

Lois

I’m still having sweating, stomach craps and tingling down my arms and legs. The doctor suggest that I switch over to Escitipram. They think I’m still having side effects with the Citipram and this will help stop it. What do you think?

• Posted

How long you been on tablets..and are you taking other tablets with ..
    • Posted

There basically the same meds..other than Lexapro is newer...so I don't know about stopping the side effects.. doctor's you and I don't have any information how your going to feel ..is all a what ever suits your body..your simply a guinea pig on any antidepressants new or old..if it was that simple I don't think we would have this forum..good luck..always here to help..

• Posted

Hello, I would say it's down to your irregular taking of tablets. You can probably get away with it for a while, but if you aren't ready to come off them, or don't do a correct tapering, your body is going to run out of reserves for coping with missed doses, and start to get in a depressed or anxious mode. It seems like you've unbalanced your mind chemicals, and will will take a fair while, to get back on even terms. Almost like starting over again, although not quite so bad. If you haven't been instructed to cone off them, I would say take regularly until you see your gp. It could take weeks to get right again, not just 5 days.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for replying . I can't believe I have been so stupid to do this 

I feel very low now and physically ill

I also think my low iron is not helping . 

I suffer from health anxiety too and worried I won't feel normal again . Worst is the swaying feeling and queasy 

How long will this take to go . I never had that symptom when starting tablets or ever before . That is a new feeling 

Ellie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.