Forgetting to take Oristat?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it just me, or does anyone else forget to take their Oristat at times?

Today I was checking my little blue buddies and noticed I have a weeks worth of tablets more than I should left! I am aware I dont need to take them when there is little or no fat content, but there has always been some fat content in what I am eating.

I do have quite a lot on my mind at the moment and I have to say they are not the first thing I think about.

I think I shall have to put them in one of those pill dispensers to help remind me, as I am just miles away at the moment. I now find myself wondering how this is going to reflect on my first weigh in on the 15th! 

Just wondering if I should take the left over tablets to show the doctor or not?

///*.*\\\

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes dont have three meals a day i class fruit and fat free yogurt as a snack rather than a meal so on some days I only have two, so I will have some over.  I have them in the sauce cupboard as every meal has some kinda sauce on it! so I am reminded to take them. xx
  • Posted

Hi Daisy

Unless your coming off them then just keep them sometimes i have a few left over at the end of the 4 weeks i then use them up before starting the new box

Good Luck for your weigh in xx

• Posted

I forget to take it all the time,I had 84 tablets on 4/06/14. And I have 25 left!! Never cheated tho which is mostly why I take them as I eat very very low fat food now, mostly fresh fruit and veg 

Can't be bad smile 

Shelagh xxx

• Posted

Gosh you are so good Shelagh! 

I really must stay focused, you girls are all putting me to shame! redface

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I noticed the Alli ones come with a small holder which would be easier/more discreet To carry round shame the orlistat ones don't sad
    • Posted

Do you need to carry them around? The length of times you can take them before or after a meal is reasonable, and if you know you can't make it just don't have steak and chips cos the one you took before will work haha xxxx 
    • Posted

Steak and home made wedges are fine as long as you use frylight!  smile I put garlic powder and paprika on them and bung them in the oven on 180 for 35 mins, lush and low fat smile
    • Posted

Love the sound of those wedges, may give them a try tomorrow night!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I think I will just stick a sign on the frige door to remind me, mum's the word though, as I have not told anyone I am on them ;-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I know what you mean - haven't counted my tablets up yet, but sometimes I can't remember if I've taken a tablet or not ... maybe that's just my age!
    • Posted

Lol ...I can never remember if I have taken them or not either, probably an age thing with me too!

I fequently go upstair to get something and cant remember what I went up there for, in the end I have to write it on a "Post It" note! ha! ha!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I put 3 in a little tin at the beginning of every day, then I know whether I've had them or not. But I agree with the others, if I just have fruit then I don't take one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.