Forgot my Citalopram

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on Cit.40 for two years now after a heavy drink problem and a breakdown. I have stopped drinking and am now in a good please. 

I am currently in the States on business arriving last Tuesday and I forgot to bring my medication so it's nearly a week since I have taken a dose. 

I have been fine but today, I have been feeling rather alone and tearful. Is this normal? Is it all in my head because I am worried about leaving my pills behind?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I dont want to scare you hun, but that is a really bad thing to do! The problem is your about to go cold turkey on 40mg and it can be very very hard! this may set you back, so please see a doctor in the statesand explain your situation or phone your GP for advice!!
    • Posted

kat and linda: Agree with you. I think some people do not realize how serious it is to suddenly stop narcotics. And how they react to some of us more than on others. It has to do with our enzymes. Matthew is in for a very gruelling time if he doesn't seek medical advice in the States. Let's just hope he heeds your words.
    • Posted

I fly home tomorrow. It's been up and down. When I'm with people I'm fine. When I am alone, I cry. 

I am trying not to be alone. 

Only 72 hours to go. 

• Posted

Hi Matthew,

Just want to tell you the same thing that Kat did.  Just go to a walk in clinic and explain your situation.  You do not want to go off 40mg like that.  The doctor in the States will probably give you a prescription for the number of days you are travelling.

Take care,

Linda

• Posted

It is a habit-forming drug and your body got used to the 40mg dose. Didn't you travel with your prescription? If you did then just visit a doctor in the States and get a prescription. Otherwise you will have to wait until you get home.
  • Posted

Hi Matthew has already stated you need to seek medical help as coming off Citalopram quickley your body is starting to crave the drug and your symptoms are already showing this, it will only get worse, Please go to a walk in clinic and explain what's happened.
  • Posted

Where are you in the States and how long are you here for? You REALLY need your pills. I'm a Brit living here in Atlanta if I can be of help. You have to PAY her to see Dr...so just be aware!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.