Forum invaluable for bunionectomy recovery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I want to say how great it is to have others to share with during this time of recovery.  I've never used a site like this and it's been great hearing about everyones good and bad experiences.  Nice to have the company also when I've been so unusually down.  Please consider sharing a pic and info about yourself as it is nice to get to know all of you! 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm off for first post op check smile be interesting to see how it's healing feels ok not on pain relief it's more the swelling and nerve twitching and boredom as I'm sure like most on here certainly not used to sitting doing very little I have to see occy health before returning to work as the only time my job involves sitting is on break, it's good to here other peoples recovery but please don't anyone out themselves down for thinking they doing less than others as we all know we all heal different we all have different pain threshold and our procedures would not all be same as Drs have their own way depending on type needed smile
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa I have just had my first post op check, which I started a separate thread on earlier. I also said almost the same thing on another thread, I totally agree with you, we all heal differently, our operations differ and different consultants have different ideas.. 

How did you get on 😄

• Posted

Sorry, I meant Lyn, sorry Vannessa x
    • Posted

Got on ok thank u feel so much better than I expected but I know still have a way to go been told will need shoe for Atleast another 5 weeks but can walk on whole foot now and move toes feels ok but odd walking as swelling under toes, pain wise fine apart from odd sensations now n then, x
  • Posted

I feel the same Vanessa, I am not usually a "forum type of gal" but happened upon this group before my op.  I was trying to find out some info prior to going under the knife and found some really useful tips to help me prep for the op and since coming home it has been a source of daily comfort.  Really nice to know I am not the only one sitting at home, slowly going insane! lol! Thank god for the internet and groups like this! :D
    • Posted

You all have become my very best friends during the long days at home. I also have gotten some great advice and comfort reading these blog messages, Thank you to everyone that posts on here.
    • Posted

Yes Molly you are right. it is so hard when you can't jump in the car and go grab a cup of coffee; I'm usually such a busy person that I don't have the opportunity to get lonely. I look forward to everyone's responses on this site and have tried to not post much lately to give everyone a break! 😆 What I anticipated to be such a small surgery became much bigger on the recovery side.
  • Posted

Good hear it Lyn, slowly and surely my Mum used to say...and still does lol 

I have also been going insane, had it not been for the Internet I think I would gone mad.. My husband is retired and I let him watch the TV during the day when he's not doing bits... But am sick of bargain hunt, tipping point and American pawn programmes 😄 Oh well at least it's not Top Gear 😃

• Posted

Same here boredom is hard when your normally busy I know the day im back at work I'll be ready for day off lol, aslong as it's all worth it in summer when we can get our feet out trouble is ill have one good foot and the other which also needs done,
  • Posted

I totally agree. I live in the US and just stumbled onto this website. It has been encouraging, knowlegeable, and just really nice to converse with others thru what seems to be an endless recovery period. I am post op week 3 plus one day, and beginning to get very antsy about wanting to get out, or even walking. This is the longest I've ever been down and in the house. I appreciate you all, and love following the discussions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.