Found out you can get svt from panic attacks and anxiety . Help even more anxious now

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Guys, I suffer from severe panic attacks and now it's even hard for me to go further then ten min from my house because I'm so terrified of panic attacks , my heart rate goes crazy up to 170 and Its super scary , I had heart work up done and it was all good .

I've never posted here but need some encouragement I was googling and I found out that anxiety and panic attacks is a risk factor for super ventricular tacachardya which is abnormally fast heart rythm , you don't have to have any other risk factors and have a otherwise healthy heart , but being super anxious which I am can put you at increased risk for SVT . 

Then I asked a cardiologist and he also says yes it's not too common but it could happened . 

Have you guys ever heard of this ?

2 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

I have it to when my anxiety kicks off, so I think it is related, not all the time but when I'm really anxious it also effects my stomach I get acid reflux as well I think and other things, so I think anxiety can literally trigger anything and convince you, you have everything wrong with you as well, googles brilliant but not when you want to find out something about your health and it brings up crap you never thought of, then setting your anxiety off again, viscious cycle .☺
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been diognosed with SVT as I was getting racing heart episodes like you.  I wore a monitor for 14 days which recorded them. Usually SVT is caused by abnormal electrical impulses in your heart or an extra bit of tissue in the heart that makes the hearts electrical impulses go out of sync. I know emotional upset can cause all sorts of heart beating issues. Have you wore a monitor? Maybe you could request one as you could have SVT of you have these episodes 

Do you feel faint? Sweaty? Dizzy? Out of breath as well?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think u have scared everyone else on here now.. i don't wanna no what svt is.. Cos I suffer really bad with health anxiety I have extra beats is it like that? Not dangerous? X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh right yeah I've had that before.. my heart goes up to 150 plus but only when I'm really anxious.. normally okay. It doesent damage your heart cos I had blood tests to see if it had and it didn't. 

Think am gunna stop coming on here its making me worse sad xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It wasn't intended to scare anyone. 

I think that comment was nasty 

He was asking about SVT so I told him about it. I have anxiety to and worry but SVT is not serious and easily treated and it's where you have racing heart not extra beAts. I was just trying to say that if he has been getting racing heart episodes and is worried about SVT then maybe a monitor would help to put his kind at rest,

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think this helps, Google makes me worse, I have health anxiety and Google EVERYTHING 🙈 its so bad, this site helps me a little and my Dr actually said its a good site I told her and she said they recommend it to patients, don't worry x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm a girl lol I think maybe I filled out the info wrong smile 

But yea I could see how I could of freaked everyone out . I would probably be scared too if I read that , well I'm kinda here for that reason to get support because I freaked my self out googling and found something that made my anxiety worse , I needed some encouragment and to see if anyone has ever had svt or if anyone developed it because of anxiety ? 

Thanks to all the replies though smile 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh man sorry I didn't want to scare anyone here although I can see how I would  sad 

But I did wear the holter monitor for 30 days and all I had is sinus tachacardya , I've never had a svt episode before just scared of getting one , 

I have some pacs and pvcs the doctor never mentioned that I'm at risk of getting svt I just did a doctor google on my self then asked a doctor after seeing that it can happen In anxious young people , and the doctor said yes it's very low chance though , to me that's like ok now that 1 percent is me 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up