Found this on another anxiety website...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Maybe it can help.  Just things when you feel a panic attack coming on.. 

Basically when you feel an attack coming on look at something in front of you ideally square or rectangle shaped. And go from left to right top to left to right bottom so your eyes follow a pattern

Then reverse the order so right to left bottom and right to left top. I find it sometimes helps me

My military buddy who got anxiety and I use a technique of tapping our thumb to each finger and counting 1-2-3-4 from pointer to pinky then 4-3-2-1 from pinky to pointer when the trigger feels like its coming on. Don't know if it helps for you, but it does on our end. Also the 4-7-4 breathing. Breathe in four, hold 7, and exhale 4, then repeat.

Jo x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I found this so helpful. Many thanks
  • Posted

Yes Jo I heard that also..when I felt a panic attacks coming on I use to run to the shower and shock my system with cold water..it help me some what... Because it tricks the brain into thinking something else...take care
  • Posted

Forgot I did that before celexa...take care...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.