Four Panic Attacks in one week.. how do I move forward

Posted , 6 users are following.

Four Panic Attacks in one week.. how do I move forward...

Im on meds, 20mg Lexapro (maximum amount), 150mg Lyrica and 0.25 mg Xanax when required and still experieincing bad Anxiety and Panic Attacks.

Have tried anxiety management courses before, CBT and while it helped at the time, it didnt have a long term effect.

I take vitamins, I tried Hynotherapy, Reiki, Accupunture...

I running out of options...

Need advice, help, recommendations please and thank you smile

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello

You have really gone through the mill here and have followed th prescribed pathways. 

What happens, sometimes is we forget the coping techniques shown to us and this just pushes us back down to the position we found ourselves in during the beginning of our conditions

Go back and look at Rlaxation Techniques, Mindfulness is the recommended one at the time and if not already ask for a course to show you how to perform this technique.

There are two further techniques you could try,  in Mental Health they taught the Maxwell Technique, and before Minfulness the Alexander Technique. I used various parts of the latter techniques, I still use these ondition and can reduce my pulse rate if I feel stress.

You could also ask your GP, He may have copies of tapes that could help you.

If this is not the case ask your CPN

BOB

• Posted

Oh dear, you really are having a bad time.

First of all, your dose of alprazolam (xanax) is useless. Could you ask your doctor to increase it to 2mg? Or to give you clonazepam (Klonopin) instead, because it lasts longer in your body.

I found both homeopathy and reflexology very helpful - also cranial osteopathy.

In fact, of the three, the cranial osteopathy was best. It was amazing. I kept having miscarriages and wwent to a cranial osteopath and she treated me twice, then asked me to see a colleague, who she thought would have some suggestions. So I did, and they treated me together. I felt amazing afterwards. I had just discovered that I was pregnant again, and this time I didn't lose my baby. She is now 23 years old!. I ended up with four children.

I hope this might help you.

Love Tess

• Posted

When did you start the meds..each one. What have you been diagnosed with exactly?
    • Posted

I have been on the Xanax when required 10 years.

Started the Lexapro again in December '15 was on two different antidepressants before lexapro but neither agreed with me and also had a 3 month break July - September from antidepressants.

Have been on lyrica since July 15 also

• Posted

Your meds need to be reviewed and changed, they arent working for you. No need to stay on anything not working, or causing more anxiety. 
  • Posted

Hi Ellebi.

Firstly, i agree with Tess.

That amount of Xanax is completely useless!

How long have you been on these three meds and why are you taking lyrica?

• Posted

Hi, just commented above the length I am taking them but they say the lyrica helps anxiety. Seemingly it's brilliant

• Posted

Be VERY careful with lyrica.

It may be good for certain things on very short-term, low-dose useage, but it causes many, many irreversible problems.

I advise you research this toxic drug before your body gets too attached to it.

Good luck.

• Posted

A issue could be that the ssri aren't helping and you have a imbalance of chemicals in the brain and might need a diff type. Sometimes you need to face the panic head on and say come at me instead of fearing what's to come. Be careful with that benzo it has a high possibility of addiction.

• Posted

What time of meds deal with chemical imbalances
    • Posted

Sometime SSRi could work but SNRI could be a option. I'm on a anti seizure med. It helps stabalize my mood

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.