freakin' disturbed!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

would like to know anyone out here have had prolonged chest discomforts and pain (sore/tender/tight) right in the middle of the chest and hurts to move even the slightest movement from anxiety?especially when i wake up from sleep..even when im sleeping as i toss and turn i can feel the strained..i have been having this for freakin' 8 months now and im worried and scared..some days its not bad at all and some days its quite bad..had 5 ecgs done before..came out great..blood tests and urine were good too..hormones are fine..blood pressure and heart rate good too..so im still worried..pls enlightened me anyone..i just want to know this chest discomforts are normal and im fine..pls pls pls

0 likes, 26 replies

Report / Delete

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have GERD and that pain sounds familiar ..i used proton pump inhibitors (pepcid,

aciphex,nexium) and it helped a ton.sleep propped up and dont eat spicy or fried foods nor two hours before bed. Drink lots of water. It sounds like GERD. A gastroenterologist can confirm gerd with a endoscopy if proof is needed.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

my gp solely blamed it on anxiety..and muscles..he told me my muscles are probably stressed out thats why..i do get alot of growling of my stomach tough..sometimes it seem like its quite high up right below my chest..i dont know if thats gerd..
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have chest pain on my right side upper chest and somwtimes in the middle and a little on my left side. When I wake up the middle of my chest actually cracks as I out my shoulders back bc I was sleeping tensed forward and crushing my chest. It's sore to push on my upper chest and hurts to move certain ways as well as turning my head/neck certain ways. I also get pa8n down my right arm and have been so worried about lung cancer. I have beenough dealing with this for 5 months I don't even feel like myself anymore it's like I'm a different person I don't feel right and it scares me. I just want my life back. I can't work or do anything I barely leave the housesad
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hey you're not alone..me too..i dont feel like myself for many months and more than anything else it just hurts me to not being able to just be carefree and enjoy playing with my son cause i can sense sometimes he's bored and wants me to play with him..the more i think about it the more i get the sensations and weird feelings..yes me too..but my chest dont crack just when i strech its sore and i can feel a pull..and the pull on tender muscles create sort of a pain so it scares me alot..i do love to sleep on my chest..now i tey not too cause i dont wanna exert..when i sleep on my back it helps,but when i shift to my sides the feeling comes again..i just wanna feel like healthy you know,i know its normal to feel pain here and there..it sucks
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

sounds like health anxiety. Is this new?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm afraid these muscle, tendon and ligament injuries can take a very long time to heal. They're not dangerous but I know how much of a nuisance they can be.

I suffer from an auto-immune condition that affects all the connective tissues in my body. About five years ago I started getting pain in both my upper arms, which was diagnosed as tendinitis due to the auto-immune condition. This came and went until about a year ago, when I had a scary fall on a down escalator due to a dizzy spell. It happened right at the bottom of the escalator, so I was going straight onto those metal teeth, unable to stand up by pushing off from my hand, for fear my hand would go into the teeth. I'd just got off a train, so there were about 30 people coming down after me too. I was screaming blue murder for someone to turn the thing off but they're not very bright around these parts so no one knew what to do. Fortunately, two young lads who were on the station concourse sprang into action, grabbed me by my arms and hauled me off ...which, as you can imagine, did absolutely nothing for the tendinitis! I suspect the shock probably set off the auto-immune thing as well, which made it even worse, especially at my advanced age.

My lovely GP prescribed an NSAID - that's those anti-inflammatory drugs that are always in the news for poking holes in people's stomachs or causing heart attacks - so I smiled sweetly to avoid offending him and tore up the prescription outside. (I'm a former nurse, btw.) Since then I've been managing the condition by trying to work out ways of moving that don't hurt too much. I think taking fish oil has helped too.

Anyhoo, it's finally started improving in the last month or so. Last week, while doing my daily exercises, I realised that for the first time in a year I could raise my arms above my head without that awful, painful dragging on the tendons. You'd have had a good laugh if you'd seen me - I was so delighted I was dancing round the room in my underwear, waving my arms in the air! Not a pretty sight...eek

The moral of this story is that it will eventually clear up, but you could be in for the long haul, especially as you have a little one. Is there any way you can get some physiotherapy to speed things up a bit? I'm assuming you're in the UK, where I know there are long waiting lists for physio, but it might be possible. Failing an NHS referral, would you be able to afford a couple of sessions with a private physio? At least they could teach you ways of moving and lifting that wouldn't put as much strain on your chest. I know it's possible to do this in the UK, even though I don't live there myself. Ten years ago, when my mother was still alive, one of her neighbours was being denied physio on the NHS and managed to get a few private sessions that helped her tremendously. Can't remember how much it cost and it wouldn't be relevant now, but she said it was well worth it.

I hope you won't have to put up with this painful condition for much longer. Just hang on to the fact that it's nothing to do with your heart or lungs.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It can happen very easily. Lifting your son, doing exercises, even turning over awkwardly in bed. It doesn't always hurt at the time the injury happens, and it can be cumulative too. I suspect it's a result of lifting your increasingly heavy little boy over time. Btw, talking of exercise - you haven't been doing the one called The Plank, have you? Holding this position for too long is famous for causing all kinds of injuries to the tendons and ligaments in the chest.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

no planking..never done that before..well i didnt realise chest muscles also can hurt..i always thought physical exertion will bring about muscle aches in the back shoulder and neck..never thought chest
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

what do you mean by push on my chest?if i push it down with my fingers i dont feel the pain..but like if i do my daily chores it does feel strained..like carry son,cleaning the house..wake up from lying down position..etc
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If you had a lung tumor, you'd be in the hospital. Dont worry. Anxiety can tense muscles and cause more pain. Try to relax. If you need anything, post on here or send me a PM.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Whyever shouldn't exertion hurt your chest? You have muscles, ligaments and tendons all over your torso and they all come under strain when you lift heavy weights. Go back to your doctor, don't say anything about heart attacks and all that stuff or he'll just listen to your heart, reassure you and send you away again. Describe the pain and when it hurts. Show him where it hurts. That way he'll examine you more thoroughly and be able to treat the pain. As already mentioned, the ideal would be a few sessions of physio, so you might want to try pushing for that.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

ya me too..but i dont feel anything i push it down with my fingers or anything like that..it just feels pulled and strained when i move..sometimes even with the slightest movement
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

ya i understand that but i mean even normal daily chores seem like exertion for me you know..like even getting up from bed..or like maybe scrubing myself in the shower..or even sometimes just resting and watching tv on the couch..
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up