Freaking out.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on Celexa (Citalopram) 20mg for about 5 or 6 days I feel like the medication is working for all the panic attacks I was having before starting it. but also these side effects are killing me. I've been having weird dreams, increased heartbeat, shaking, and insomnia. I'm only 18 and I feel like maybe I should talk to my doctor about trying something else? But I want to try and stick it out if these side effects dissipate? Has anyone else had side effects like this? And do they go away after time?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi , yes had side affects really bad WHEN i was on cit,,, i now take venlafaxine ,,, BUT you have to give cit,, 6 to 8 weeks to take affect,,,, the side affects should subside by then if not talk to your doctor coz not everyone is the same,,, cit didnt work for me at all,,,, hope this helps,,, gentle hug x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.