Freaking out about maybe having brain tumor.

Posted , 2 users are following.

im 15 years old and have usually been pretty healthy my whole life except, I suffer from a lot of health anxiety. i have also been suffering from normal social anxiety in school for a couple of years now. im nervous and freaking out that I may have a brain tumor. ik these are rare, but these past few weeks cause been awful for me. i have been stressing a ton, have head pressure headaches in the back, muscle spasms everywhere out of nowhere, muscles have felt week everywhere especially shoulders, back, and what feels like shin splints. i also experience tingling and migraine like headaches every so often. i also experience a burning sensation a lot in my legs. My feet also feel sore a lot. I am an athlete but after each athletic activity I do recently, I feel way more weak than I usually do and should. I also experience gassy stomach aches, chest aches and terrible neck pain. I should also mention that I go on screens way too much during the day. USUALLY I will have my phone and video game console going at once and I am multitasking with both of them. I just have been feeling awful and so I went to the doctor complaining of my pains and aches and had blood work done and everything came back normal. I "was" fine. Anyway the point is Iam experiencing all of these terrible symptoms and am nervous about my life. I am also frequently dehydrated and feel light headed sometimes. Please somebody help, IM NERVOUS!

best regards,

FRANK

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I suffer from anxiety too, and a big part of that is increased anxiety around any symptoms I have being something much worse than they turn out to be - an unfortunate catch 22 situation because then I end up very stressed, the physical effects of which can be very unpleasant. If you are stressed about your health the likelihood is you are not practicing good self care, and your physical health will suffer as a result. I can only speak as somebody who has been around someone with a brain tumor but the pain in your head is constant, it is not a pain which will come and go, and you will have associated symptoms such as seizures and personality changes. I don't think the other symptoms you describe are typical of a brain tumor. I would deal with your stress and anxiety first and foremost - have you ever had any CBT? This might be something to bring up with your doctor, and communicate your other concerns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.