Freaking out liver very elevated and mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi,

I started 60 mg of mirtazapine 2 weeks ago and recently had a liver test done and my results came back at 114 and the range is up to 36... Freaking out because 60 was actually doing it's job but now I think the doc will have to lower the dose and try something else...has anyone else had this problem....am I jumping the gun will my liver normalize???? At 15 mg it was at 40

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had. Mirtazapine has this kind of effect on the liver. Your values should be much higher for possible damage.

Your liver will normalize. If you continue with a higher dose, tests should be done regularly.

• Posted

Each time I went up my ALT went higher. My psychiatrist doesn't think it will normalize back to acceptable levels so she is gonna taper me down.

• Posted

Wow that’s a mega dose 60 mg I’m not sure about your liver but I’ve just spent 6 months tapering off mirtazapine and I’m three months clean than goodness it is hard to get off so if you are going to reduce your dose please be aware of withdrawals they are brutal 
    • Posted

Hi,

My psychiatrist is gonna taper me off. I've only been on the 60 for 2 weeks and mirtazapine as a whole for 3mths so hoping it won't be horrible. What dose were u on? And for how long?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up