Freaking out right now, help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm really panicky at the moment a few days ago I posted about a dvt and the thought won't go away

Afraid to go to sleep because afraid of dying from dvt

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I haven't seen your other post, could you give more info please!
    • Posted

I've heard that you can get a dvt in your hip veins and I'm freaking out.

So 6 days ago days ago I went on a 3 hour trip to Boston to see my family So I used the bus. Now I was sitting for maybe 2 hours moving and shifting around a few times. The bus made a quick stop so I stood up for a few minutes to stretch myself out. I was fine through out the whole visit no pains or nothing.

Then my cousin dropped me back home 3 days later so that was another 3 hour drive back. I was sitting in the front but kept on unbuckling to turn around, her son was in the backseat so I turned around while sitting in the front seat to give him his bottle and chips, then his blanket, then his pacifier. Anyway I was moving around constantly. Then about 1 hour and 45 minutes into the drive she pulled into a rest area to get something to eat and use the bathroom. And the point of me telling you this Is because we were walking around. I was moving around. We got home yesterday and I felt fine no pains nothing.

I just came home from work and around my hip line on the left side there's a pain there it's kinda on and off and my activity doesn't really affect it, but I'm scared its a dvt, I read a while back that they can form in that area,

For the past 2 days I was having pain,in my ankle like at the front and low back pain all on the left side. I couldn't sleep for the past 2 days because I thought I was gonna die.

There's no swelling or tenderness or redness, and today when I got out of bed I haven't really felt the symptoms besides the back pain. Last night I had a panic attack and because I had a dvt fear I thought I had a pulmonary embolism but the panic attack subsided pretty quickly. So now I'm even more freaked out.

I'm 19years old, 160 lbs female and my anxiety is making me panic more.

• Posted

Sorry this was copied from my previous post and I forgot to change some of the words

Yesterday=3 days ago

I just came home from work= Tuesday night

• Posted

Look this is exactly how anxiety makes you feel. The more you worry about a certain area the more symptoms you get.

Take me for example- a few weeks ago my heart started racing out of nowhere I thought I would drop dead any second, it slowed after 30 mins, I've had tests and everything and they say I'm fine I just need to get my health anxiety under control, a few days ago I was in a right state crying all the time panicking causing stress for me and my family, but as soon as the doctor told me that I was fine I'd say my anxiety has improved by 90%

The chances of it being DVT aren't great and I'm sure it's the anxiety making your symptoms worse.

Go to the doctor if it makes you feel better but don't worry I know it's hard you should have seen me the last few days but today I'm like a different person!

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thank you so much I've talked to a lot of people about it and they're all thing me not to worry too and most likely Its nothing. I've been in a bad state because yesterday a coworker told me about her sons friend that died from a dvt. Now he was only 26 now I don't know his health conditions before so I can't really relate but it's still scary to hear that
    • Posted

You'll be fine that's same with everyone telling me stories about people dropping dead from undiagnosed heart conditions so I was convinced I had one! Some people don't no when to keep things to themselves lol go to the docs there'll sort you out and help with your anxiety. Just think your still here that's how I see things x
    • Posted

You're right i am here and that's what matters. This one particular coworker (she's a very nice woman) but whenever it comes to me talking about my anxiety she always has some story for example, I was talking about my liver one day and she said her daughters friend died randomly because of his liver problems But the doctor couldn5 find the problem, the I was talking about my GERD and she mentioned that her husband got stomach cancer because he left his untreated, then we were having a talk about meningitis and she knew someone who was hospitalized for that. I like talking to her because she listens But then shell tell me a story about this person or that person so maybe I'll stop talking to her in regards to that.

I have an appointment in a hour so hopefully she will clear things up. Again thank you so much

• Posted

We all have someone like that in our lives I'm glad I'm not one of those people lol hope all goes well if you ever need a chat just message me I'm from the UK I'm guessing you're American? Lol anyway time difference and all that! Good luck x
    • Posted

I am American yes, I just came from my doctor and she told me a dvt in the hip is kind of unusual, its common in the calf. And she said it might be my spine like a slipped disk Or pinched nerve so now I have to see an orthopedic doc. Hopefully she's on the right track with this
    • Posted

Well at least their helping you. Hope it's made you feel better! You might find the pain eases now you no it's nothing bad! My chest pains were scary but now I don't have any! smile
  • Posted

Bunny, I replied to you with my story. 

Good luck with your solving things. You will be ok.  If I can do it, you can too.  Forgot to say that I am 65..in the story. I will be 66  soon.rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.