Free from depression after 7.5 months on citalopram and 14 weeks' CBT :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

One of the things I came on this site hoping to see when I joined was good news stories about people being treated for depression and/or anxiety as I suffered from both. . . so here's mine! 

For the last 2.5 months or so, I have felt happy, relaxed, free from panic, with practically zero anxiety and free from any negative thoughts whatsoever.  . . It's fantastic!! 

I guess it's good to remind myself of how far I have come. I plan to come off the medication in the next few months but for now I am just happy to have come so far. 

So be patient and have hope those who are just starting!! Don't forget about therapy though! I believe it was an essential element of my recovery and an invaluable tool for ensuring permanency in my stable and happy condition!!  cheesygrin

Goodluck and peace out to all!!! 

Agirl xxx

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.