freezing cold then hot

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all ,i have been putting up with peri since i was 36 i am now 53 i have had everything to boot ,i was ticking away sort of dealing with this hoping i am coming to the end or near it anyway (well my mum stopped all this 53_54 ) well was hoping ( well big hope ) i would be about the same time as her , i have missed one period then out of the blue i started going bone chilling cold then  raging hot mainly in the evening never had many hot flushes before only the odd one years ago could i be starting the road to menopause , any ideas on this, how strange lets hpoe it is

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi karen yes iv had this quite often. Only last week I came home from work was freezing so put jammy dressing gown bed socks on to try and get heat in to me and within 10 minutes I was boiling and cudnt get clothes off quick enuf!! My hot flushes have got worse over last few weeks and mood low just can't be bothered joy has went out of life! !😢😢 am 49 and hv been peri about 5 yrs. Last period I had was October last.
  • Posted

Yes you are in peri but it can go on for a while. You describe me exactly. One minute I'm sweating and sitting by a fan and a few minutes later I'm bundled up in a blanket! And I'm POST menopause.
    • Posted

god i was thinking im mad i was having vitamins and  starflower then a friend said have you checked the because i cant have soya because of thyroid issues and most vitamins have soya in them ( tocopherol ) so i changed all vits to non soya ones and this heat and cold started um i think the soya was helping to keep the heat at bay what do you think
    • Posted

Possibly. Hot flashes are caused by a drop in estrogen and soy has estrogen.
  • Posted

Yes, I get this. One night I slept with a beanie on and gloves and the heater. It seems to get into the bones. I read somewhere that this is not that uncommon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.