Friends & their habits

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone.

This is probably the most stupid thing you will have read on this forum but here goes anyways.....

I have been taking flu now for about 12 - 13 weeks now but no one who knows me knows I am taking it.

So far not one of my friends knows about my illness.

My problem is that my friends enjoy a party or two. When they do this they would usually have some Coke and maybe some E's.

In the past I would sometimes dabble but can I still do that whilst I take my flu????

I just don't want them to notice anything different.

Sorry for sounding silly. And selfish!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hiya MusicMatters :wink:

i think you allready know the answer to your question MusicMatters :huh:

in a word NO, coke and MDMA are also seretonin reuptake inhibitors, as is fluoxetine (SRI's) :? you put yourself at a real risk of 'Serotonin syndrome' which can be FATAL :shock: not only that, street coke and MDMA often contain/are 'cut' with other drugs :roll:

quote from this site :-

\"Risk Factors

Use of serotonergic agents is the risk factor for the serotonin syndrome. This may be produced by a variety of agents which may cause excess serotonergic activity through a variety of mechanisms. The serotonin syndrome may be produced by large doses or by combinations of drugs. The risk may be from antidepressants, anti-emetics, anti-migraine drugs, over the counter cold remedies, recreational drugs, herbal remedies or involve interactions between such drugs. It is helpful to consider these agents according to the mechanism of increased serotonergic activity.These include:

Direct 5HT receptor stimulation:

Lithium

Carbamazepine

Triptans (migraine)

Busipirone (BuSpar)

Recreational drugs such as LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide), mescaline

Direct release of stored 5 HT:

Amphetamine, cocaine and ecstasy (MDMA)

MAOIs (for example phenelzine, moclobemide)

Levodopa

Codeine

Pentazocine\" :shock:

apart from the REAL risk of seretonin syndrome, coke and MDMA create havoc with other neurotransmiters, which WILL agravate your depression :cry: :roll:

it's up to you MusicMatters, but you really would be playing 'russian roulette' with your life :shock: :roll:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :run: :cheers: :whistle:

• Posted

Thanks for the advice.

I know it's an easy way out but I do think a lot of my problems were brought to a head because of me sometimes doing some of those drugs.

I always have been messed up but I know I changed as a person when I started experimenting along with my friends.

I just wanted to try and fit in more I think.

It was never a lot but obviously it was enough!

Anyways thanks again.

• Posted

Don't know why but I need to tell you that tonight I took half a dozen e's.

I took them just to cheer myself up????!!!!

Dunno if it's helped to be honest!

Anyways Never Look Back and remember Dont Think Just Do

• Posted

Sorry people!

I don't know why i needed to share that with you.

Soz

Never Look Back

Don't Think Just Do

• Posted

Hey MusicMatters,

Look on the positive side for a second. Now you know that taking the drugs didn't make you happier it may make it a little easier to say no next time.

It really isn't worth it. Now you are on the flu you need to do things the old fashioned \"hard\" way, face your demons and defeat them.

We've all been there in our own little way. I started to self medicate with alcohol which made me not a nice person to be with. I saw the light before it was too late and haven't done any long term damage. I hope you are as fortunate!!!

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.