From 10-to 15 Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

After 5 weeks on 10mg with no side effects except for tiredness, my psych has moved me up to 15mg starting yesterday. I am taking 5mg in the morning and my normal 10mg at night. The past 2 days I have been so foggy in the head, tired. Is this normal with such a small dose increase?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Cit for years now and have had my dose moved up and down on occasion (also took myself off it - not recommended!).  I reacted badly to even a 5mg increase but felt better after a couple of weeks.  The tiredness stays but I was tired with depression/anxiety so who knows?  I would say stick at it but check with your doc or psych if you are really worried.
  • Posted

Hi Staci its 5mg more than you had, every bit makes a difference just depends on each person. All the best.
  • Posted

Hi Staci,

You may or may not get side effects with each increase, I am seeing my Doctor this week and hope she may start reducing me from 40mg so I'll be interested to see if I have any in reverse! 

However, I am curious as to why you split yer dose? A lot of us find it better to take it at night so the old "sticking plaster for the brain" can work while we're asleep and hence (most of us) feel less groggy in the morn or during the day. I would (and this is personally, just me) take all at bedtime!

Good Luck and keep posting

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi,

im interested to know also why your doctor advised you to split the dose, I've always taken in the morning ( as intially advised by doctor) and found that it worked for me.  

On the 5mg, I started to cut down myself  and found that the drop from 10mg to 5 mg was enormous, the difference it made to me was huge ........not in a positive way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.