From Axiety to Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Ya'll,

?It's been awhile since I have posted anything. I went to see my nurse practioner and upped my meds. The anxiety has subsided a lot but now I'm facing with depression. People at work keeping asking me if I'm all right. I guess it's my flat affect with speaking. People are always thinking I don't feel good by the way I look..

?I have been diagnosed with bipolar. Maybe I'm on the down swing. Who knows. I just want to be my normal self again. I miss her - I miss her alot.

?All I know if that we are all going through something on this forum. For whatever it's worth, I think you are all amazing people. To share your stories and to willing to listen to suggestions. 

?I think of the people of the forum often and always wishing you well. Pleae know that you are not alone. I'm here and so many others.

I'm sending you all positive vibes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you, Tip. I have to watch out for depression, too. I find that is easier, to handle depression than Anxiety. Changing focus helps me a lot.

A few suggestions, watch for opportunities to help someone else, even a small thing. Another is earbuds in, and one's favorite uplifting music, turned down low.

Another is sheer determination. I can be a depressed mess, but when my sister and brother-in-law visit for an overnight, I put my normal face on, and before long, the feeling is real. (I don't want them to worry about me and something they can't change or help with.) It is truly amazing everytime they come....within an hour or so of showing them what they want to see (me being okay,) I really feel the way I was acting.

Remember, the subconscious doesn't know what is real, and what we are telling  it is real. Sooooo, become an actress...your subconscious will start responding to what you are showing it, and you will feel better.

A big hug and positive thoughts to you dear Tip.

• Posted

That's completely normal to miss someone, I'm sure she misses you too.. Were your relationship issues something that night be worked on and possibly fixed? You seem like a great guy who is extremely kind and loving to everyone he speaks to so I can't imagine it Being something horrible. We all have down times, just take it with a grain of salt and know that you will get through this tough time. They diagnosed me with being bipolar when I was around 19 (26 now) and I never went through with getting on meds or anything (in a weird way this is who I am, mood swings and all lol), but I understand how frustrating it is to have your mind go from anger, sadness, happiness and all back again.. Keep your head up. You will get through this.. If your relationship can't be fixed, don't spend your life thinking about the past! Feel better.

• Posted

Just realized I completely mixed you and another person up, so sorry!! 😒😒😒 (blushing)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.