from the last 4 days my lower left eye lid is twitching is it normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have minor twitches in my lower left eye lid , is it normal or this is happenig because of manganesium deficency plz help asap  , i am depressed 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A lot of people suffer from this when they are tired or stressed.  If it persists then it's worth getting it checked with your doctor, but it will probably go away as fast as it came.  Hemifacial spasm is an ongoing condition which is progressive, but it is quite rare and so hopefully not something that you need to worry about.
    • Posted

for how much time this type twitiching is normal like i am already receiving it from last four days , is it normal to have these type of twitches for a week
    • Posted

i also read that this twitches come when there is maganesium deficinency in the body
    • Posted

Hi again Ranjit.  It's certainly worth taking a magnesium supplement to see if it helps your twitches.  If your twitches turn out to be Hemifacial Spasm (which they probably won't!) then medicines and supplements are unlikely to help because it is caused by something which is like an electrical fault (nerves and arteries touching one another).  Some people try turmeric paste and say that it helps them with twitches.
    • Posted

I think it's quite possible to have non-HFS type twitches for a while, particularly if you are tired or stressed.  But, if it goes on then perhaps you can get an MRI scan to put your mind at rest.  Twitches can be caused by a lot of different things, but from what I've read, most little eye twitches are harmless and will go away.  If they don't go away then best to seek help from your doctor.
    • Posted

now its 8th day and eye twitching is still going on   sad
    • Posted

tell me now it is the time to see the doctor or i should wait few more days
    • Posted

Personally I would wait a while and see if it disappears Ranjit.  Your doctor will not have a magic cure for you unfortunately and if he offers you medicines I would be very wary of taking them, particularly if this does turn out to be HFS - HFS does not respond to medication.  If it goes on for a few weeks then see you doctor and ask if you can have an MRI scan to check on the cause and to rule out causes other than HFS.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear this.  Have you been having a very tiring or stressful time I wonder?  See how it feels when you are more relaxed perhaps.
    • Posted

yes i was stressed from last 15or20days, now i am relaxing as much as possible lik i am sleeping 10hr a day
    • Posted

i am 23 year old is it possible to develop this disease in such an early age

and aslo suggest me some good magnisium and potassium suplement now i want to try them 

• Posted

aslo from last 3 days twitches are very less frequent and less in intensity
    • Posted

So pleased to hear that the spasms are not so bad in the last few days Ranjit.  It is possible to develop Hemifacial Spasm at your age but it's quite rare for this to happen I believe.  I'm sorry that I don't know much about magnesium and potassium supplements.  It may be best to try to eat foods which contain these vitamins and minerals.  I know that bananas are an excellent source of potassium.  Dark leafy green vegetables, nuts and dried fruits are very good for magnesium.  Hope this helps.  I don't really know much about all of this but believe what I have written to be true.
  • Posted

Ranjit,  Roseann is 100% right and I think the advice she has given is really helpful, try not to worry too much.  All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.