Frozen shoulder

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I have a question. I've read a few posts on this forum about some women experiencing a frozen shoulder. I'm sure not sure if this is what I am feeling but can this pain also be in your neck too? Every time I turn my head to the right it hurts my neck and shoulder on that side. Anyone relate to this?

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have this too! Mine is most annoying at night when im laying in bed. stiff shoulder and neck that hurts.

• Posted

frozen shoulder can start slowly and be in more than just your shoulder.

I'm on my second one currently and both started slightly differently.

if you're worried its worth a visit to your GP.

My second was caught early enough to have the steroid injection which has made it much more bearable.

its very very common in menopausal women apparently😯😯

• Posted

I was menopausal when I had both my frozen shoulders. The pain and the experience were unreal. mine started with a ache in the shoulder which resulted in me not being able to get my arm behind my back. The pain can move to neck and even to fingers. I do hope you have not got this condition. it doesn't sound like it from how you describe it but it does effect every one differently. Take care x

• Posted

Hi Cindy,

I am exactly the same. May I ask what you are doing for the pain? I take mangnesium supplements and turmeric but any advice would be helpful

• Posted

Hi. Patti. thankfully my pain has passed. I am.a survivor of FS. for my first FS I tried literally everything to ease the pain from cortisone injections to spiritual healing. The second time was a little easier. yes I took turmeric capsules and magnesium. I used a TENS machine and a heat pad to get me through the worst of it. I can honestly say that I have never experienced pain like it but I can vouch that it does pass. I hope you are ok.

• Posted

Hi Patti, I had the frozen shoulder as well, and unfortunately, I feel like it’s coming back. Magnesium is best absorbed through the skin, so try taking Epson salt baths. If you cant take a bath, soak your feet for at least an hour. It will be absorbed into the body. If you can find A good Massage Therapist, that’s who worked mine out, I'm lucky, she’s excellent. My pharmacist told me yesterday, and this may sound crazy, but he said it works, if you can hang from a low tree limb or a workout bar or even the monkey bars, and hang from them, he said it helps it tremendously. if you take Tumeric, you have to take it with Curcumin for it to help. also try magnesium oil, that’s very helpful. I also purchased Biofreeze and a product called “stop pain“, you can get either one of them at any pharmacy. I also purchase the pain patches at the Dollar Tree, if you have one of those stores in your area, and they were quite well. I also have a heating pad that I put under my fitted sheet that is used for a Massage Therapist table, it’s full length and it’s wonderful. Also ...I remember when my mother had frozen shoulder, many moons ago, she would walk her hand up the wall, until she couldn’t do it any longer, and she would do that several times a day. Best of luck, I know it’s no fun.

• Posted

Hi Cindy, I had frozen shoulder before and I think it’s making a comeback. When you had it, did it shoot down your arm & into your hand. Because this feels like it’s going from the shoulder blade down the arm into the hand. Especially my thumb and the meaty palm of my hand. When you got the Cortizone shot, was it extremely painful, I've always heard that. Thank you 😃

• Posted

Thank you! i will follow all your suggestions..i dont have a heating pad as yet and that is something i want to try. its frustrating when you cannot lift your hand up and its worse when you lie down

• Posted

Hey Patti, it is worse when you lay down, try to get that massage table size heating element, it’s wonderful, I got mine on Amazon. I also put that stuff that I mentioned “stop pain” on today and it really felt much better, but of course that only lasts for so long 😉 hope you’re having a good day 😃

• Posted

For me the pain started in my outer upper arm both times. The initial freezing isn't so bad but then BAM the pain goes to a 10. You cant sleep, and certain movements will make you just want to die. It's really that bad. Then you lose being able to lift your arm or put it behind your back.

In my opinion it's up there with labor pain but it can last two years before it resolves.

Trust me, you would know it if you had it.

• Posted

Thankfully I still have full rotation and use of my arm and shoulder. It's more so my neck where I feel the pain.

• Posted

Be careful not to look down so much on your computer or phone. Keep your phone eye level when using.

• Posted

You know my daughter said that to me too. Young as she is, she's only six, when she knew my neck was hurting she said that it was because I am always looking down at my phone. That's funny that you mentioned that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.