Frozen shoulder

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I have a question. I've read a few posts on this forum about some women experiencing a frozen shoulder. I'm sure not sure if this is what I am feeling but can this pain also be in your neck too? Every time I turn my head to the right it hurts my neck and shoulder on that side. Anyone relate to this?

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just came from urgent care. They said that it's a muscle strain and prescribed Naproxen.

• Posted

Hi,

when my symptoms started this was one of the very first things that happened to me and continues to happen. The doc at the urgent care told me the same thing " muscle sprain" and it is sometimes so bad that I cannot lift my arm over my head. I was prescribed naproxen (1000mg).

I dont know what dosage you are on but I just wanted to tell you to be a little careful if you have been given a higher dose and also how long you have been asked to take it.It affected my kidneys because I took it a lot (almost daily) when I was in pain. Just be careful and good luck

• Posted

I don't take it. I take over the counter IBprofen. I also rub pain cream on it. I didn't trust the Naproxen.

• Posted

Hi there... yes I found that my neck was bothered by it as well, it only makes sense I guess. And ironically mine started bothering me yesterday also. Did you know in ancient Chinese medicine it’s called “50 's shoulder“ because it’s so common during menopause. if you Google it there’s actually a very interesting story about why it happens to us. if you can’t find it I will try to see if I have it in the note field of my phone. what it basically comes down to is that we feel very put upon, I think that’s so common. you should have it looked at immediately, because it doesn’t go away. My massage therapist did wonderful work on it over a period of a couple months, so I will be making an appointment with her today. I know also that a friend of mine had acupuncture done on hers and it helped. I use Biofreeze and another product called “stop pain“, that can be bought at any pharmacy, I love them both! I don’t know how yesterday was for anyone else, but I live in Illinois and my pain was off the charts, barometric pressure must’ve been crazy. A friend of mine said the same thing and so did a clerk at a store I stopped at. hope you have a good day 😃

• Posted

Yes I did go to urgent care today. They said that it is a muscle strain. It is more in my neck than my shoulder. I feel it in my shoulder if I'm turning my head to the right. I actually aggrevated this myself by lifting and carrying groceries home on Monday. The bag was far too heavy and I didn't have a cart to push home. It was my own fault. But I will definitely look into purchasing the Stop Pain and or Biofreeze. Thanks for the tip.

• Posted

hi there i also suffer with my neck and shoulders all the time iv had my left shoulder operated on 3 years ago they shaved the bone and took away part of my collar bone and the pain went away until this year and now the pain is back and when i turn my neck or look up and down i get a sharp shooting pain under my shoulder blade like iam trapping a nerve or something my problem isnt helped with work as i have to do a lot of lifting i also get pain down my left arm and numbness in my hand its seems funny how iv been pain free and then get hit with peri and its straight back wonder if its lack of hormones but whatever it might be its bloody painful and iam sick of feeling 96 not 46 big hugs to you all suffering xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.