FRustrated

Posted , 3 users are following.

Decided to go to Er to see a psychiatrist. As I have been having increased anxiety on the Prozac !!! But im not sure If it is the prozac or stopping the risperdal or if I needed the risperdal ?! I went and the psychiatrist told me to increase the Prozac to 40 mg and add abilify . Well I did and I was pacing the floor , kicking my legs and Felt Moreno nauseous . Then I started vomiting this morning ! I then went back to emergency services a and saw another's psychiatrist who saidto too abilify and to stay on 20 mg prozac if I want to or Elden 40 but it is up to me . So now I'm just taking 20mg prozac and was told to stop Valium too. ? Not sure will the Prozac work tbh ? It's making things worse ? And risperdal worked quite well but I had to come off of it Due to high prolactin levels ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stop abilify
  • Posted

OK so tell me how much risperdal where you on per day and for how long?

How long have you been off of it?

Have they weaned you off or is it cold turkey?

• Posted

I was on 1mg for a month and 0.5mgfor 4 months . And now nothing .. and olanzapine for a month until I got a rash. Now Prozac ... and nearly got sick altogether when they added abilify so stopped it yesterday after one night . Been off risperdal 1 week and 2 days . Just stopped 0.5
    • Posted

Can't sleep at all now either sad

• Posted

So you were taking the risperdal every day for 5 months and have now just stopped completely?
    • Posted

Yeah they told me it should be ok as it's the lowest dose ....

• Posted

I would be thinking low dose or not that you would still be feeling some withdrawls if you took it everyday. I find sometimes going to the drug store and asking to speak to the Pharmacist is more helpful than a normal Doctor. Pharmacists know the chemical makeup of the drugs and probably hear more about side effects etc. I would pack up every medication you are on or write a list out of what times you take everything... how much... the details of the risperdal... etc etc and take it down to a pharmacist and ask them what they think. If you are not happy with what one Pharmacist says then stop into another Pharmacist and ask them the exact same thing. They may tell you not to have certain meds close together or give some other advice. I can tell you though that you can not expect that Prozac would have recovered you by now... it is only just slowly starting what it is designed to do and it has a way long way to go so give it some time. I know it is tough and we all get impatient to get better but find something to put focus on and push yourself to do it. Sit down and write yourself a list of all the things you want to do when you feel better... then start researching them... i.e I want to go and do a drawing class.... do the research and start a spreadsheet on where you can do the drawing class what one interests you etc... basically keep busy push yourself. Decide that you will no longer play the victim in life that this is your life and you choose how you live it. We have all been victimised in life and some worse than others... but it is your choice whether you want to play the victim and allow what has happened in the past to carry over into your future. Stop the hate... hating things and people really does not serve anyone and it especially will not serve you and your happiness. Everyone in life is going through their own stuff. People that hurt usually hurt others... it is a sad fact of life. You are only 21 you have a huge gift of time and youth. There are people in their 60's and 70's who are still bitter about stuff that happened to them when they were in high school.... do not let yourself be that person! Work on letting that crap go now... it does not mean it never happened it just means you made the choice on how you deal with it. Everything also seems way bigger than it actually is when we are depressed.... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.