Frustrated and scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every time I get a anxiety or start to feel an attack coming on I get this warm/burning sensation in my head. I have talked to people on this forum about it before I have talked to 2 different doctors a psychologist and my psychiatrist and they all say it's anxiety. I've also had a tension headache for weeks now. It comes and goes but it's super heavy feeling on my frontal lobe. My body has been achy which could be do to my job cutting hair and been working out a bit more this past week to try and help my anxiety. I stopped smoking pot after 15 years almost 2 weeks ago and I know that can definitely have withdrawls and I know that but my anxiety is out of control. Every little thing I feel or get worried about bc I can be a hypochondriac and get scared something is wrong with me. Tumor or who knows. I've been feeling like crap for weeks now and just started lexapro 4 days ago and I am also taking a small amount of Xanax for when I have attacks and for sleep. Anyone else go thru this? These headaches are putting so much pressure on my forehead and making my eyes feel heavy. Any thoughts please??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi NatCali! Again smile

It's anxiety, trust me! Why don't you try going to the doctors and just let them know flat out that you want tests done? I sort of had to do that to get an MRI. It's a sad thing for me to do but let me tell you my headache went from a migraine to just a little throbbing pressure now. I let them know that I felt like a prisoner in my own body and it affected my everyday life. I just needed to know that I was healthy! And trust me I had the same symptoms as you. My head just felt weird and I had trouble concentrations and my memory sucked! These headaches could also be withdrawals like I said last time. You just gotta wait it out and I promise you that you will feel better in no time! Try to lay off the Xanax too. I used to take those every night and they caused me headaches. Getting off of them sucked but now I'm okay. Do you have a smart phone? Here's a great anxiety app called Pacifica! You could join group chats and have conversations with people who share the same experiences. This app has helped a lot with my anxiety, plus, you get a faster response!

I promise you things will get better.

• Posted

Thanks again for your response I will defiantly get that app. I know MRI are expensive and my family thinks I'm being ridiculous to go and get one but all these things do still worry me. It's like it all comes in waves. I haven't had a great day in weeks. Im not necessarily depressed but more so just want to feel good physically and mentally. I feel crazy when I am being a hypochondriac but I just hate the way I feel. I will make another doctor appointment and see what they say. I know the Xanax isn't great but they prescribed me seraquil for sleeping and I hate that medicine. I know once this all starts to subside I will definitely slowy get off the Xanax. Ya know it's just one of those things were everyone can tell u it's anxiety and that there is nothing wrong with me but bc I have had so many things happening in my mind and body it's freaks me out. Everyone says this will pass and it's like ok I'm doing everything I can do to try and get feeling Better making positive changes in my life but yet my mind tends to play tricks on me and I hate it. Just want to feel back to myself and I haven't in so long. I appreciate you responding to me. I will get that app ASAP
    • Posted

No worries NatCali! And trust me I know how you feel about the whole financial situation about getting all these tests done. I'll be owing some bills soon when they get here but Atleast I know I'm healthy! That's the way I looked at it. It's better to be safe than sorry. I just don't want you to rely on the Xanax because then you will go through some nasty withdrawals when you get off of it sad I'm a major hypochondriac like you are and last night and today I've convinced myself that I have breast or skin cancer because I have this freckle by my breast. So I'm going tomorrow to my doctor as a walk in to get it checked out. See what checking out symptoms does to us?! xD and please get that app and join a group on it! Other people's support definitely helps. Feel free to message me here anytime! I'll be more glad to help and helping you also distracts me from my anxiety. Best wishes!
    • Posted

Thank you. Why do we do this to ourselves. Shoot yesterday I was menstraul spotting and I was like I'm on birth control and shouldn't start for at least 2 weeks and once I saw that I freaked out and started to have a panic attack. It was brief bc I called my sister who is in nursing school and she said that some of the meds can mess with your cycles and also stress can. But for 10 minutes I was freakin out. Every little weird thing that happens spirals out control. I have never been this bad but ever since I stopped with the pot and stopped using recreational drugs which was 3/4 weeks ago the is nothing to mask my issues. Which is obviously why I stopped bc I don't want to do any more harm to my brain and body and keep thinking that I have damaged myself. I also just opened up my own salon and have so much great things happening for me but this anxiety is takin over my life and that's not me. And I want to live a healthy happy life without the drugs and partying. So I know I'm strong on that aspect and don't want anything to do with it anymore but it's all coming to the surface and it's messing with me so bad. I don't want my family and friends getting tired of hearing me talk about this or call them when I'm having an attack bc I don't want to be a burden. So I know they love me and want the best for me but on the other hand I don't want to bother them with my anxiety and hypochondriac ways. So that's why I got on this bc I need to ba able to relate. Thank u again even if we don't know each other it's nice to know I'm not alone.
    • Posted

No problem! Hahaha tell me about it! Today I started spitting also and was like NOOOO and when I spot my boobs hurt sad so I'm stuck with my boobs either hurt cause I'm spotting or because of something serious! I'm on the birth control implant called nexplanon and I also want to talk to my doctor about getting it taken out. I feel because of the hormones in it its making my anxiety worse! Hey maybe your birth control is doing the same? Well I'll find out tomorrow what a doctor things. I just want to be able to live a normal life, worry free. Shoot I showed my sister the spot on my breast by my areola and she showed me one she had by hers and hers is way more visible and she even let me know it's grown over the years! Like hello why aren't you worried about it like I am with mine? Agh i guess this anxiety all just takes time sad my doctor gave me a generic version of celexa to take everyday, but I only took it once, which did nothing but give me nasty side effects. So I stopped and decided to only take Xanax when needed at night, generally when my anxiety gets worse. I hate going to my friends, family, and boyfriend for my anxiety problems because they just get annoyed! That's why I love these discussion boards smile
    • Posted

Same here girl. Well I'm here to talk to anytime. Glad we can relate on so much.
  • Posted

I know how you feel, because I'm going through it now, but just try to relax your mind. Lol yeah I know easier said than done. I've been trying to control it for about 1 hour now. It's hard and I think the same way you are thinking. I just don't want to be dependent on drugs so I try to calm myself and breathe, because Im just like you over thinking making our brains work Extra hard.
    • Posted

Yes we do make everything worse. If I could shut off my mind I would further. Easier said than done.the more we get worked up the more worse symptoms can be. Ugh so exhausted.but we can overcome this, just going to take time.i just went on a run and did some cleaning that's helps to keep me busy: thx you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.