Full mouth extraction and now upper lip swollen and hard time swallowing, what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was to be an immediate denture.  Was not put in and oral surgeon didn't talk to me before I left.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there ....... About 15 months ago I had all my teeth extracted.   First day he took all the top out; then about 2 days later he took out all the bottom ones.    I don't think I'd want the whole mouth done at once, but then I know some dentists that do the  implants do that.   For me, the first night the top hurt like crazy.  Next day some better.  Same thing with bottom.   I lived on egg custard and jello for about 2 weeks.     I really did not have a full mouth of dentures for at least 9 months, and they have been adjusted several times since then as my gums shrunk. 

If I were you I'd call your dentist ASAP and demand some answers.   And, maybe this is too "overkill" for you, but I'd actually go to the office, unannounced, and wait to see him and demand some answers.   This is ridiculous ... you are being treated like you have no clue what's going on.

b

• Posted

I went to my dentist today and swelling is so much cannot put dentures in for several days until swelling is down.  The dentist will be talking to the oral surgeon to see why he did not put the dentures in right away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.